Lumia 930 Denim Thread

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
There is an update to the Lumia Camera 5 available for download. The version number is 5.0.2.37 (2014.1215.1510.5665). No change log available.

Here is the thread on Reddit New update for Lumia Camera 5 for 830, 930 and 1520 with Denim : windowsphone

Here is the direct download link Lumia Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Rats. Still waiting for Denim and thought I could grab the camera update with your link. But after downloading and installing, launching the camera app then gets a message that Denim must be installed to use the new app!

So back to waiting for HK CV to update.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Rats. Still waiting for Denim and thought I could grab the camera update with your link. But after downloading and installing, launching the camera app then gets a message that Denim must be installed to use the new app!

So back to waiting for HK CV to update.
Ignore the message, press the camera button again and then press back.

sunc

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I had a question. My local phone vendor claims that a new Lumia 930 now would come with Denim preloaded. Would that be true? The box mentions manufacturing date as Nov'2014. Has anyone here bought a Lumia 930 very recently?

Sunil

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ignore the message, press the camera button again and then press back.

Weird that the app is downloadable if you even haven't Denim yet!
Thank you so much for the tips all, this app is already great and fast without Denim installed. Now I can finally delete LC Classic..

Edit: I tested the app and without Denim it is really laggy, so it is only optimized for Denim... Spoke to soon!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have rich capture or 4k video recording?

No, all of those functions aren't available if you haven't got Denim yet (it requires the Denim firmware of course). Also, taking pics feels weird, flash is odd and the viewer (display) has a significant delay and is buggy.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Not a live, in the field test, but I just took photos of my iPhone's timer. I managed to manually snap 10 photos in 20.47 seconds.

I just repeatedly pressed the camera button without shifting the focus, and obviously there was nothing moving in the frame. Five of the shot-to-shot times were under 2 seconds. The fastest was a blazing 1.13 seconds.

And this is without the Denim update - just the Lumia Camera 5 update.

Lovin' my Lumia. Waiting for Denim.

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Guys, am I missing something or the new Lumia Camera 5 does not have the option to choose Photo resolution anymore?? The setting was in Lumia Camera settings/Photo tab. I mention that this happens on Cyan with the new Lumia Camera app. Can someone with Demin confirm that the resolution options for photos is still there? Thanks.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, am I missing something or the new Lumia Camera 5 does not have the option to choose Photo resolution anymore?? The setting was in Lumia Camera settings/Photo tab. I mention that this happens on Cyan with the new Lumia Camera app. Can someone with Demin confirm that the resolution options for photos is still there? Thanks.

Marius, on my 930 with Denim the resolution options are still there.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
One question for those with DK, FI, etc ROMs...

When in LTE/4G network, the logo near the network strength, is L, LTE or 4G?

Thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise