Lumia 930 Denim Thread

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Why cant I go into the language settings and change my region in there to get the update?
Because that just changes your region,language settings on the phone not the actual Rom settings which is what you need to get the update, either flash your phone with a new Rom or be patient

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
What are the downsides to flashing a rom? Would it cause issues with regional stuff or would it all be fine once you select your language/region at setup?

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It does not have any downsides.

You can set language and region at the start of the phone for the first time. ROMs are basically the same. (Could have preloaded different apps, which is not a problem).

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
It does not have any downsides.

You can set language and region at the start of the phone for the first time. ROMs are basically the same. (Could have preloaded different apps, which is not a problem).

Thanks Daniel. So how would I go about selecting an unbranded rom for the 930/Orange back cover/Ireland. Or what ROM would I need to select to flash the phone and be able to get Denim OTA?

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
3CV ROM (these are for FIN, SWE, NOR).

If your Phone is SIM-locked then I would not flash different FW could lock it for your provider.

Ok what does sim locked mean? I don't think it is. When I got the 930 I had to get a new nano sim from my provider O2. There was a sim pin I had to enter which I have since disabled. But I expect that is not what you mean when you say sim locked. I think my phone would take any O2 sim.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok what does sim locked mean? I don't think it is. When I got the 930 I had to get a new nano sim from my provider O2. There was a sim pin I had to enter which I have since disabled. But I expect that is not what you mean when you say sim locked. I think my phone would take any O2 sim.

Is this on a contract? If yes, your phone has carrier lock. If you got if from say P4U or CPW, you may have unlocked handset on O2.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know terms from your provider. But if its on contact could be SIM-locked. Ask your provider or reseller.

In Czech our provider don't lock phones anymore since 2005 but we don't get better contract price because of that so we're buying full price device SIM-free. As I recall US and UK providers still use SIM-lock if phoned are on contract.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Just got a 930 from Amazon:

059W0J7: RM-1045 VAR APAC HK CV BLACK

I'm only seeing EDGE in the data indicator. I know it does not get LTE, however does the "E" really mean HSPA+?

Edit: false alarm. After restoring using Lumia Updater, it fixed it.

Edit2: Just finished flashing to the CV ROM. Denim inbound. Niiiiceeee!!

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That was I was talking about. Flashing a ROM does not affect the simlock no matter if it is in place or not. The simlock is written in a separate place and has limited access to it.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for Denim. HK-CV. Sigh. Bought my L930 in October after the announcement in September. Still waiting for the roll out to all Lumias that is promised for January. Sigh.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
flashed my german (unlocked) 930 yesterday to the 059W0X8 (my 930 is orange) - works great with Denim!
Only difference: "4G" instead of "L" (LTE) with O2... can live with this... ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky