Lumia 930 Denim Thread

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 930 Gold version has the same RM than the other colors or if it is the same RM number?

Also, anyone knows about a CV Firmware which have the Field Test option working? Dial the code ##3282# or ##3282 (That makes the phone lock between LTE only, HSPA only, EDGE only modes)

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My L930 is pc 059w1n7 000-hu.
Still no Denim, I thinking about flashing with 059w0z1 de cv black. What do you think guys?

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Just flashed it. Now me and my L930 driving on Denim. 😎

Flashed mine recently too with the Finland CV. Cortana is really cool if your driving and will take commands via cars Bluetooth connection. She read out a text to me while driving earlier with the option to dictate a response, really impressive.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Screen flickering.
Every time when I'm in explorer screen flickers after every scroll up or down. Now on cyan everything is ok. I have Lumia camera 5, ok there is no rich capture and 4k video but will wait.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Me too, no issues. Flicker does happen in one app maybe once every few weeks, but it is more a visual thing - no impact on the apps like crashes. So I'm fine with that. Flashed my CV PL to CV DK to get Denim 3 weeks ago.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I am correct that once you get Denim, you won't need Preview for Developers? And you can delete it to save space?

Perhaps then you might only want Phone Insider?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am correct that once you get Denim, you won't need Preview for Developers? And you can delete it to save space?

Perhaps then you might only want Phone Insider?

Do you mean the app or getting earlier OS updates?
The app size is small (2.88 mb) so you will not free up that much space.
Is you do not want to be enrolled just uncheck the box in the app.
If you want to "totally" delete P4D you have to use the Lumia software recovery tool to roll back to the latest official Firmware/OS but I don't think you will gain a lot of space.

We still do not know what the insider will be so we have to wait and see.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@Harrie-S, wasn't the main purpose of PfD to enable people to get and use the advantages and capabilities of Denim for those whose carrier hadn't approved and sent it out yet? What would be available in PfD that you wouldn't have once you have Denim?

Will Denim be tweaked in future with PfD?

Although we don't know for sure yet, isn't it likely that anything new will be in Windows 10?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
@Harrie-S, wasn't the main purpose of PfD to enable people to get and use the advantages and capabilities of Denim for those whose carrier hadn't approved and sent it out yet? What would be available in PfD that you wouldn't have once you have Denim?

Although we don't know for sure yet, isn't it likely that anything new will be in Windows 10?

PfD is to let people preview the next version of the OS, Denim is a firmware. So no, PfD doesn't let you preview Denim, just the OS features.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

P4D can be used to get OS updates as soon as the are unofficial released by Microsoft so you do not need to wait for the official firmware release.
So it could be used when you where on BLACK to get the OS features from CYAN and when you where on CYAN to get the DENIM OS features.

So this would mean that you could get the OS updates from ????? before the official release.

Now indeed the question is what is Insider. Does this replace P4D or is it a separate thing.
It could be that P4D still can be used to get more "save" OS updates and insider for the more "drastic" updates.

So we have to wait till this becomes clear and maybe tomorrow we already have the answer.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My unlocked 930 purchased from B&H was for Mexico or Columbia?, not sure 000-22), and I've just got Denim too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers