Lumia 930 Denim Thread

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the French CV firmware and it was Denim, shame the UK has to be different. I might keep the French firmware - it makes no difference at the end of the day, I have set language, speech etc. to UK English and get Cortana working with 'Hey Cortana', would just prefer to have the CV GB firmware if possible. I wouldn't be happy to downgrade then upgrade. I suppose since France got Denim first it might be the same with future updates.

DanTechs

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
The newer version of Firmware allows you to update to Denim with "Hey Cortana" while the older one does not. You just get the Alpha or Beta version of Cortana where you have to hold down the search key to activate her.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Care Suite is now showing the Denim firmware for direct download for the GB CV. Have flashed my 930 and it is now downloading my apps.

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
About the accelerometer problem in the CV UK denim variant.. Just tried playing doodle jump. It's literally unplayable, it takes 1 second to respond to my hand movement :(

DanTechs

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I also flashed my Lumia 930 to the GB Country Variant (it now says 000-GB in the extras+info setting). The ROM flash worked really well and I now have the latest firmware and "Hey Cortana!) enabled after getting all the UK Updates...

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Have MS given a deadline of when Denim will be completely rolled out? If find it pretty pathetic that I purchased their top of the line phone outright (AU variant) and MS can't provide me with an officially released update.

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Have MS given a deadline of when Denim will be completely rolled out? If find it pretty pathetic that I purchased their top of the line phone outright (AU variant) and MS can't provide me with an officially released update.
000-AU CV, i am downloading denin now .

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
On the Lumia 930 000-HK variant, there's no issues, except from a random reboot that happened just after updating. Apart from that, my experience's been pretty pleasant with Denim.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have to say that I'm happy with the update. Over 8 hours of sleep in airplane mode by phone lost 1% of battery life! I still haven't charged it 100% but for out of the box, so far so good. Haha. Heating was an issue before. And now only when I was charging it to install updates. I did do a hard reset right after all updates installed though... I actually have an issue with Line messenger. It seems to flicker lines every once in a while.... Hmmm....does anyone else have this issue?

sent from my Nokia Lumia 930

SomeH0w

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Singapore just got its Lumia Denim update for the Country Variant and Singtel Variant for Lumia 930! Hurray for all Singaporeans!

Bogdan Belciug

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Denim received this morning. Nokia 930 Orange carrier, Romania. I've notice some flickering in Lumia Camera and when screen rotate.

Last edited:

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I ended up flashing to the UK cv as its taking too long for denim to be released in South Africa.

With my local carrier firmware (Vodacom) I could never get 4G anywhere (even in areas where my iphone got LTE).

With the new firmware I'm getting 4G but I'm noticing some green hue on some screens (now and then) where I never had the issue before.

I'm fine with the trade-off though, at least I have denim and 4G.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The second one :)

To be honest, the first few days the battery life was erratic. I don't think the actual battery life was bad, but rather the prediction of the battery life. Every OS has a different way of interpreting the battery. One thing i don't like about WP is that it shows that it's not 100% full (the actual battery icon) when there's 99% left! haha. It always surprises me. I usually get "battery drain" until 85%, within the first few hours of the day (2 hours MAX), and then I'll get home with 60% left.... So.... in 18 hours, 2 hours get 15% drop, and 16 hours gets another 25? That doesn't make sense at all.... I think it has to do with the battery readings or something. But still, I don't mind :) I love this OS. And after about a week, the battery life leveled out! So I'm happy.

mika2210

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with ringtones?
After updating to Denim (Few weeks ago), today, my alarm didnt ring, and I dont get any sounds for phone calls or messages...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers