12-24-2014 04:22 AM
45 12
tools
    Hello Gents, I flashed my CZ/HU/SK CV L930 with the Danish firmware yesterday, to get the Denim update on board. (yes, patience is not my strong suit:)
    Everything works fine, the whole UI feels slightly quicker, I guess MS adjusted the transition animations, the long awaited camera enhancements are superb.
    I'm just wondering if it can cause any trouble to stay with the Danish version in long term? To be completely honest, I do not understand why we have so many different versions in EU... Anyway, is it recommended to flash it again as soon as the CZ/HU/SK CV firmware become available?
    Thanks in advance.
    12-21-2014 04:48 AM
    Hello Gents, I flashed my CZ/HU/SK CV L930 with the Danish firmware yesterday, to get the Denim update on board. (yes, patience is not my strong suit:)
    Everything works fine, the whole UI feels slightly quicker, I guess MS adjusted the transition animations, the long awaited camera enhancements are superb.
    I'm just wondering if it can cause any trouble to stay with the Danish version in long term? To be completely honest, I do not understand why we have so many different versions in EU... Anyway, is it recommended to flash it again as soon as the CZ/HU/SK CV firmware become available?
    Thanks in advance.
    It won't make any difference! The only time I will change my ROM again is when next update rolls out to a different country first ;)
    NZeee likes this.
    12-21-2014 11:31 AM
    Does anyone else experience lag/stuttering on menu tiles(home screen) when exiting apps? Mostly non 8.1 native apps. Ex, WindowsCentral app when closed with back button makes the menu home screen tiles to have a framed animation for a half a second. I really dislike this, did not have it on Cyan. It happens with more lag when using the new Camera, if exiting with back button, the animation of tiles is having frames.
    I did twice the hard reset on the phone
    12-21-2014 11:49 AM
    Yes, I do :( It seems to me, that the update changed the timing of animations probably, to let the transitions happen quicker, but it does not work perfectly :(
    12-21-2014 02:57 PM
    IMO the king of Windows phone is the 1520. Been like that for the past year or so...
    Last edited by mathsisbest; 12-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    12-21-2014 03:01 PM
    Lumia 1520 = launched December 2013.

Why are so many of you getting the age of these devices so wrong?
    12-21-2014 03:09 PM
    IMO the king of Windows phone is the 1520. Been like that for the past year or so...
    1520 is a phablet not a phone. We are talking Windows Phone. For most normal sized hands phablet isn't always a practical option.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    12-21-2014 05:40 PM
    Does anyone else experience lag/stuttering on menu tiles(home screen) when exiting apps? Mostly non 8.1 native apps. Ex, WindowsCentral app when closed with back button makes the menu home screen tiles to have a framed animation for a half a second. I really dislike this, did not have it on Cyan. It happens with more lag when using the new Camera, if exiting with back button, the animation of tiles is having frames.
    I did twice the hard reset on the phone
    Unpin Cortana tile.
    12-21-2014 05:41 PM
    1520 with Denim here. I am having issues when changing the phone orientation (from vertical to horizontal). Not always, only sometimes, takes a huge time to change orientation. Anyone else?
    My 830 shipped with Denim pre-installed and has this issue occasionally. I normally leave the orientation locked to portrait, but some websites are better viewed in landscape. I'm not sure why this issue exists with this certain of firmware, but hopefully Microsoft will issue a fix soon.
    12-21-2014 05:54 PM
    My 830 shipped with Denim pre-installed and has this issue occasionally. I normally leave the orientation locked to portrait, but some websites are better viewed in landscape. I'm not sure why this issue exists with this certain of firmware, but hopefully Microsoft will issue a fix soon.
    You get this on any specific apps as well or every time on IE only?
    12-22-2014 08:19 AM
    Can anyone provide the product code for the Danish ROM? Thanks!
    12-22-2014 02:58 PM
    Can anyone provide the product code for the Danish ROM? Thanks!
    It's 059W0X6
    rm1045fw.jpg
    12-22-2014 05:52 PM
    On the precious version there isn't Glance Screen. Is it available on Demin for the 930 or it's really a hardware limitation? Asking for a friend. Thanks
    12-22-2014 06:22 PM
    On the precious version there isn't Glance Screen. Is it available on Demin for the 930 or it's really a hardware limitation? Asking for a friend. Thanks
    No, no Glance screen in Denim for the 930. I cannot imagine that Microsoft would use the hardware limit explanation as an excuse to fool their customers. I believe they would tell us, if there was any chance to make it available.
    Nahuel 1988 likes this.
    12-22-2014 07:25 PM
    Thatd make sense if it was a constant tint, but its not. It simply shows up on greys from time to time and then vanishes after a few seconds. Many others have reported it as well. Just one of the seemingly many quality concerns with some of the 930s. Isn't a deal breaker, but I was certainly hoping denim would resolve it.
    Mine has only started doing this recently. I've had my 930 for nearly 6 months and I found display/color was very good to begin with out of the box. Then one of the updates I think in September seemed to have reset the color profile and grays were murky but playing with color profile fixed it. then the last update we had a few weeks ago seems to have brought along this problem when I first turn the phone on and depending on brightness the grays go murky but then are fixed a second or 2 later. the noticeable change is a little annoying though. hopefully Denim on my 930 addresses these issues. I say mine cause I think some 930's have these issues and some don't or have different issues. not too much of a deal breaker through cause I still think this phone is by far the best windows phone out there.
    12-22-2014 08:01 PM
    I don't consider 1520 as WPhone. Its WPhablet. :P

I don't really think of my 1520 as phablet. Size aside, it unfortunately can't do phablet type things and simply to me is a larger windows phone haha.
    12-22-2014 10:11 PM
    Yes it is a hardware limitation. 930 screen doesn't have the memory required to operate at high efficiency required for glance. You can't have memory, AMOLED and HD screen together without increasing price. So we have HD but no memory.
    12-23-2014 09:33 AM
    I don't really think of my 1520 as phablet. Size aside, it unfortunately can't do phablet type things and simply to me is a larger windows phone haha.
    Only Surface have a real multitask and works like a tablet should work, but they are not the only tablets available on the market.

That's not the way it works. 1520 is a phablet, the major definition for it is the size of device and smartphone capabilities.
    12-23-2014 12:12 PM
    To think of it as phablet - just put it on your face and talk on a subway - you will realise its surely not a phone ;)
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    12-23-2014 06:37 PM
    Unpin Cortana tile.
    You seem to be right, after 4 days without Cortana tile, it doesn't have the framed animation.Thanks!
    12-24-2014 04:22 AM
45 12