12-22-2014 09:40 AM
42 12
tools
    That's not an Indian name and he or she is not from India. Assuming stuff and stereotyping an entire group is something not expected here. Keep the discussion on topic

That's not stereotyping, that's a fact. Look at this forum.
    12-20-2014 11:48 AM
    What? Even Lumia 830 was not announced with new features. You are making a big mistake here. Stop crying for nothing, sooner or later you will receive the update. MS only announced Denim Update for later on December 2014 or 2015 begin.

They presented the Lumia 830 with the camera. And sas it will be available.
    12-20-2014 11:49 AM
    That's not stereotyping, that's a fact. Look at this forum.

It's a not a fact but you assuming things. The person posting is NOT from India
    12-20-2014 11:56 AM
    It's a not a fact but you assuming things. The person posting is NOT from India
    Yah. That's a name from eastern Nigeria. :)
    pankaj981 likes this.
    12-20-2014 12:08 PM
    Yah. That's a name from eastern Nigeria. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. Now back to topic
    12-20-2014 12:24 PM
    Looks like the actions shot has been moved into Lumia moments. You can create one while editing a video now... In 4k even. So while it is kind of hidden, they look much better.
    12-20-2014 02:34 PM
    I just start playing with the new lumia camera and is lightning fast, still I miss the smart sequence and the ability to change faces, at least I cant find it on the new camera app
    12-20-2014 02:40 PM
    Hey, I made another thread, but figure this probably fits well here too. Its a walkthrough and Cyan/Denim comparison I made this afternoon.

12-20-2014 07:11 PM
    He is probably from India. So don't expect anything useful here on this forum...

No, I'm not a nazi ;)
    You may claim you are not, but you sure seem to speak and write as one!
    pankaj981 likes this.
    12-20-2014 09:52 PM
    lucas.scott what app did you use in the photos from that video, Lumia camera classic in Cyan and Lumia Camera in Denim ?

My results seem different from yours, flash portraits from close range, in low light using flash, seem to be very bad allot of times when using Lumia Camera, making the subject's face very colorful with yellow spots. (using Lumia Camera Classic i get much better results because of no post processing )

Some scene shots look better, but the high contrast processing is very visible when photographing people, sometimes making the shot clearer and sharper, and other times ( most of the times ) making it look darker and unnatural. (with or without using flash)
    12-20-2014 10:21 PM
    lucas.scott what app did you use in the photos from that video, Lumia camera classic in Cyan and Lumia Camera in Denim ?

My results seem different from yours, flash portraits from close range, in low light using flash, seem to be very bad allot of times when using Lumia Camera, making the subject's face very colorful with yellow spots. (using Lumia Camera Classic i get much better results because of no post processing )

Some scene shots look better, but the high contrast processing is very visible when photographing people, sometimes making the shot clearer and sharper, and other times ( most of the times ) making it look darker and unnatural. (with or without using flash)
    I actually used two different devices. One with stock camera in Cyan, and one on Denim with new Lumia Camera. There is no way around making a poor photo look good. I have seen several comparisons where people are using very poor lighting conditions. In those scenarios, its a toss up on which will look "better".

While I did take some low light shots in my video, there was still a good bit of natural light coming in from a side window. Trust me, if I close the curtains and take shots with both, they are both grainy and gross. However, I do find that the Denim update and new Lumia Camera takes significantly better shots in optimal scenarios. That is of course preference, because you are right. The new Lumia Camera definitely cranks the contract and bumps the sharpness. Im cool with that, since its something i thought my Windows Phones always lacked.
    12-20-2014 10:35 PM
    I just start playing with the new lumia camera and is lightning fast, still I miss the smart sequence and the ability to change faces, at least I cant find it on the new camera app
    Ahem, isn't it in the new Moment Capture?
    If no then someone at Microsoft forgot to move it from the Smart Mode :3

I noticed that people seems to forget that Smart Mode is now Moment Capture, or perhaps Microsoft forgot to emphasize about it...
    Gotta re-watch that hands-on video again...
    lucas.scott likes this.
    12-20-2014 10:58 PM
    What? Even Lumia 830 was not announced with new features. You are making a big mistake here. Stop crying for nothing, sooner or later you will receive the update. MS only announced Denim Update for later on December 2014 or 2015 begin.
    Well, they demonstrated the Lumia Camera app on the 830 on its initial release conference. The 830 gets ALL the new features with the exception of 4k shooting, getting 2k instead.

The 830 also shipped with Denim pre-installed and Microsoft stated very clearly that the new camera updates were coming to the 1520, 930, and 830. so.... yea it WAS announced with the new features.

Your welcome to watch the press release if you would like
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    12-21-2014 12:00 AM
    I'm with you on this .my collegue 1520 also suffers from Purple/ Yellowish tint
    12-21-2014 02:13 AM
    While I did take some low light shots in my video, there was still a good bit of natural light coming in from a side window. Trust me, if I close the curtains and take shots with both, they are both grainy and gross. However, I do find that the Denim update and new Lumia Camera takes significantly better shots in optimal scenarios. That is of course preference, because you are right. The new Lumia Camera definitely cranks the contract and bumps the sharpness. Im cool with that, since its something i thought my Windows Phones always lacked.
    If you can get your hands on that cyan device again, i would be very interested if you could take some samples using the Lumia Camera Classic, both on Denim and on Cyan, just to see if there are new imaging algorithms or just the processing done by the new Lumia camera. Nothing special, just same scenes shot with both devices (on auto, or same settings) using Lumia Camera Classic on both to spot the differences, if any.

PS: I wanted a bit of more sharpening and a touch of contrast on the photos a long time, but i just feel that Lumia Camera uses them 2 much, and when taking portraits with flash, in low to no light, from close range, it ruins them by adding extra colors etc. And in low light (inside) and no flash, the contrasts make the subjects look unnatural.
    12-21-2014 08:18 AM
    Hey, I made another thread, but figure this probably fits well here too. Its a walkthrough and Cyan/Denim comparison I made this afternoon.

Beautiful. Thanks for the run down on Denim and creating the video. Well done.
    12-21-2014 09:23 AM
    Well, they demonstrated the Lumia Camera app on the 830 on its initial release conference. The 830 gets ALL the new features with the exception of 4k shooting, getting 2k instead.

The 830 also shipped with Denim pre-installed and Microsoft stated very clearly that the new camera updates were coming to the 1520, 930, and 830. so.... yea it WAS announced with the new features.

Your welcome to watch the press release if you would like
    They had announced that these features will be on Lumia in future, after a update, no at 830 launch. That's my point.

People with 930 have no rights to complaint about these features. Even 830 owners don't have too.
    12-22-2014 09:40 AM
42 12