Lumia Denim for unlocked 930s?

Gilad Meiri

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked 930 and I'm going crazy waiting for Denim. It's nowhere to be seen. When the hell is it gonna come for everyone already?

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, now or I'm very stupid (probably :crying:) or I'm very unlucky ! I'm stuck at the point where you have to attach the USB and hold down power button and volume down and quickly press "retray" on the program. I have done hundreds of attempts but never start the process and the phone starts normally :crying::crying::crying: ! I also tried the method of GoodThings2Life (point n.16) without pressing power button and volume down but I did not get any result ! Please HELP !!! What I have to do ?!?
Thank you for your enormous patience...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, now or I'm very stupid (probably :crying:) or I'm very unlucky ! I'm stuck at the point where you have to attach the USB and hold down power button and volume down and quickly press "retray" on the program. I have done hundreds of attempts but never start the process and the phone starts normally :crying::crying::crying: ! I also tried the method of GoodThings2Life (point n.16) without pressing power button and volume down but I did not get any result ! Please HELP !!! What I have to do ?!?
Thank you for your enormous patience...

Turn it completely off, press retry and connect by USB at same time, see if that helps.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I already tried this method without success ! :cry:

But I will continue to try, hoping that one time or another it will works ! If you (or someone) know another way, please let me know.
Thanks

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
GoodThings2Life, I tried your method so many time and I tried this one to, found in another post: "Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry" " but I don't have success !
I'm so frustrated ! :asleep:

Maybe my PC is too fast or my phone is too fast respect at the PC but the program never starts the process of flashing ! Always the window with "retry" come back ! I don't know what else I can do !!! :crying:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
GoodThings2Life, I tried your method so many time and I tried this one to, found in another post: "Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry" " but I don't have success !
I'm so frustrated ! :asleep:

Maybe my PC is too fast or my phone is too fast respect at the PC but the program never starts the process of flashing ! Always the window with "retry" come back ! I don't know what else I can do !!! :crying:

Try a different USB port, if you can. I only had luck (using a surface pro 3) using the power off, plug in, retry at buzz method.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
GoodThings2Life, tomorrow I'll try to the others USB on my laptop and if didn't works I'll try to install everything on my Surface 2 RT and try there if it will works ! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate that !
I'll let you know ! Bye, have a good night

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I have a 1 day old HK 930 as well. The instant it arrived yesterday, I read the XDA thread, flashed the CV ROM and had Denim in under 30 minutes.

Do it everyone. It's simple and awesome!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
GoodThings2Life, tomorrow I'll try to the others USB on my laptop and if didn't works I'll try to install everything on my Surface 2 RT and try there if it will works ! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate that !
I'll let you know ! Bye, have a good night

You will not be able to do this on a Surface RT/2.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you astound me with your level of knowledge on this stuff sometimes! Do you think it's worth trying any of this with an unlocked AT&T 920 or 1020? I have both, so could try with either. Just not sure if it's worth the effort for either.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you astound me with your level of knowledge on this stuff sometimes! Do you think it's worth trying any of this with an unlocked AT&T 920 or 1020? I have both, so could try with either. Just not sure if it's worth the effort for either.

Me? I wouldn't just because of radio band differences. You'd lose LTE at best or brick the radio at worst. I don't tend to mess with US phones unless I'm certain of results. If I knew you could do it and not lose LTE, then I'd say why not. Honestly, if there was a way to reprogram the radios for US LTE bands I'd jump on that, lol.

Besides, no Denim benefits for those phones.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I also flashed 059W0X6 about two weeks ago. What a huge difference. In Info it says: DK-SI

What huge differences do you note?

As far as I can tell, there are some camera upgrades, but not much else. If that is it, it doesn't seem worth the effort to flash. If there's more to it, then it might be.

Was it worth the effort? Why?

Not asking to be a pain - genuinely interested. I've flashed many other brands of phones, but have not yet done a Lumia, so I'm trying to decide if it's actually worth it.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What huge differences do you note?

As far as I can tell, there are some camera upgrades, but not much else. If that is it, it doesn't seem worth the effort to flash. If there's more to it, then it might be.

Was it worth the effort? Why?

Not asking to be a pain - genuinely interested. I've flashed many other brands of phones, but have not yet done a Lumia, so I'm trying to decide if it's actually worth it.

There's no difference other than camera and Hey Cortana. Both are genuinely awesome, but that's about it for meaningful improvements.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

Firmware for At &T phones is very different from the rest, you may not be bale to flash a new rom.

Also those having trouble with nokia suite not findingthe phone using a different USB port works for me

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I tried all my USB ports but didn't works ! Maybe is because my USB are type 3.

I think that I have to wait for the official upgrade ! :grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720