Lumia Denim for unlocked 930s?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 930 that is unlocked. Right now under extra info it shows Lumia Cyan.

I am in Canada, but the phone says it is an RM-1045-_1044
It also says the Mobile Operator is 000_HK

Any idea when I will get Denim, or being with a Carrier in Canada who does not support the Lumia 930 - can I get it?

It's now carrier dependent - is it?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If it is unlocked it is not carrier depended. The HK indicates it is a country variant from HK. So if DEMIN is released for Hong Kong you will get the update.

And it does not matter that you in Canada.

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using one on AT&T in the U.S. and have HK as my mobile operator. On this website ------------> Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia ,,,scroll down to Hong Kong, and for the Luia 930 Country Variant is your phone with what firmware it is currently running. Your phone has nothing to do with your carrier in Canada.

Claude Dugal

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for asking, I have the same situation and other people response satisfy me for know.
I am from Canada also, but currently in USA, Last month I purchase a 930 on expansys.com and it come with RM-1045_1025 ans operator 000-TH
TH is Thailand.
At setup I immediately choose English USA (not Canada yet) so I can get full use of Cortana while I am here.
Note that the RM-1045 do not work on LTE is USA because USA have different frequency/band than the rest of the world.
I know that my 930 will work with LTE in Canada with either Rogers or Bell.

So the net: I will get Denim as soon as it is available in Thailand.

P.S I love the 930. Great phone even in USA running on 3G

Claude D.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There is any way to change the "mobile operator" ? From 000-FR to ones already with Denim ?

Yes, it's a process called flashing and it basically means reinstalling a new OS version with a different country/operator code.

Here is a link to the whole process [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

It's a fairly technical process which you should only attempt if you are comfortable with erasing the whole content of your phone. You can always back-up first and thus not lose anything. There is a risk of bricking your phone if you don't follow the instructions to the letter.

I flashed my 930 using this guide on December 27 and got Denim. Check my posts to see my feedback on Denim.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The risk here is flashing incompatible radios, so make sure that the Finland radios match the Thailand or Hong Kong radios. If so, I may do it with mine too.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hummmm :eek:rly: How I can check the compatibility of the radio ? I bought my 930 from HK but is a 000-FR (france) and here in Canada works perfectly fine ! Now I'm scared to flash the phone ! Let me know, thanks

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe, and don't quote me on it, that the RM-1045 is always the same radios. So for example, the 1520's RM-937 is not compatible with RM-938 (1520.3). Sticking with RM-1045's I believe should be fine, but you wouldn't want to use a non RM-1045 code (if Lumia 930 has any, not sure). If anyone can confirm otherwise, it'd be appreciated.

That said, tomorrow I'll be trying it out on mine, since I at least have a fall back device (worst case) and otherwise I'll reflash my existing firmware and be no worse for trying.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
If I'll flash the phone I'll use an RM-1045 code ! The problem is that in the NCSA I can't find the product code RM-1045... looks like that it is not supported ! I don't know if there is a solution. I don't know how others with the 930 solved this problem.
Anyone has a solution ? Thanks

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, the correct Product Type is RM-1045 and Europe Unlock Product Code is 059W0X5 (for black... if you need another color, use X6 for white, X7 for green, and X8 for orange... you should choose the right one).

Follow the XDA instructions precisely, and you'll end up with European Unlocked 000-33 device. Insert your SIM and test before you proceed any further... make sure you get data/voice service (you should). Once done, connect to WiFi but skip the account login process and go to Settings > Phone Update and you'll have an update available. These are the Windows Phone 8.1 Update and Lumia Denim packages. Proceed as normal. Once done, I recommend doing a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset Phone) in order to flush and firmware flashing bugs. Then you can proceed as if an out-of-box experience.

It took about an hour and 15 minutes to complete the process start to finish.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, but I followed the instruction provided by XDA and when I have to chose the product code for RM-1045 I didn't find it ! Even if you look into the "help" it isn't on the list of supported product ! (you can try and see for yourself)

My question is: how can I resolve the problem ? How or where do you find the RM-1045 code ?

Thanks

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, but I followed the instruction provided by XDA and when I have to chose the product code for RM-1045 I didn't find it ! Even if you look into the "help" it isn't on the list of supported product ! (you can try and see for yourself)

My question is: how can I resolve the problem ? How or where do you find the RM-1045 code ?

Thanks

Try again, you must have missed a step.

1. Install Nokia CareSuite.
2. Install Nokia Data Package Manager.
3. Copy UserGroupsConfiguration.cfg file to the three specified folders.
4. Run Care Suite.
5. Double-click Data Package Manager.
6. Choose Nokia Care Servers and click OK... it won't work without the .cfg file in the right spots.
7. Enter RM-1045 for Type and 059W0X5 for code. Search, and you should see one thing listed.
8. Click the > next to Not downloaded to trigger download, and confirm Yes.
9. Close DPM.
10. Double-click on Product Support Tool.
11. Choose Work Offline and click OK.
12. Click File > Open Product.
13. Type RM-1045 and choose the Lumia 930.
14. Click Programming > Recovery.
15. Click on firmware package you downloaded.
16. Click Start. When prompted for device, power off your phone, and plug it in by USB. When it powers on, immediately click Retry.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, I followed every steps and I have even reinstalled everything but when I arrived at the point n. 13, I can't find on the list "RM-1045" even if I try to write it in the field (the bigger RM that I can find is the 911). Like I told you look like it is not supported. The version of the NCS is: 4.0.0 (2012.38.1) and the "Product Support Tool for Store" is: 5.0.0 (2012.40.15) as I got from the link provided. Now, why I can find the RM-1045 ?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, I followed every steps and I have even reinstalled everything but when I arrived at the point n. 13, I can't find on the list "RM-1045" even if I try to write it in the field (the bigger RM that I can find is the 911). Like I told you look like it is not supported. The version of the NCS is: 4.0.0 (2012.38.1) and the "Product Support Tool for Store" is: 5.0.0 (2012.40.15) as I got from the link provided. Now, why I can find the RM-1045 ?

You don't have latest NCS. Check link in XDA thread again. Otherwise, I'll post in morning. :)

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Dear GoodThings2Life I don't know WTF :shocked: sometime appen with those computers.... I unistall everything and reinstalled back NCS and now I got the version 5.0.0 (5.4.119) and now finally I found the product code for my RM-1045 ! Now I can flash my phone !
Thank you so much for your help ! :smile:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Dear GoodThings2Life I don't know WTF :shocked: sometime appen with those computers.... I unistall everything and reinstalled back NCS and now I got the version 5.0.0 (5.4.119) and now finally I found the product code for my RM-1045 ! Now I can flash my phone !
Thank you so much for your help ! :smile:

Glad to hear you got it! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo