Proud owner of a Nokia 930!!

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well.... I am the proud owner of a Nokia 930 in White!

I sold my 1520 and moved to Android as was fed up of certain niggly things but bought an LG G3 and boy was it laaaaaaaaaaaaggy! Sold that and bought this 930 and I can honestly say it is the nicest phone I've held and used. The screen is amazing, the camera is amazing and the OS feels so fluid. Can't wait for Denim now!!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
remember you can swap out the rear cover for a different color, takes 5 mins and is super easy, i have white,black,green and am about to buy the orange one.

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
remember you can swap out the rear cover for a different color, takes 5 mins and is super easy, i have white,black,green and am about to buy the orange one.

Yeah I googled that before I bought one but got the colour I wanted (white) so cant see me swapping it anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up though :cool:

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna get one for xmass waiting for this moment 6 months. Just few more sleeps:)

Same here. Can't wait !
And boy am I glad to hear that G3 is laggy. I knew it. And all the fanboys that say that their phone doesnt lag. That are just lies. I was a proud owner of Android for a long time (5 years). And every phone I've ever used starts to lag after a few months of usage. Welcome back !

Gurjeet Singh1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I heard that we have to buy a back cover,wireless chargin ,Nfc module and then assemble them.
Are you saying that assembled cover is readily available?

L0cke

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How does it feel in the hand as I'm worried it might be too thick. I've currently got a Nexus 5 and wondering how it might compare?

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How does it feel in the hand as I'm worried it might be too thick. I've currently got a Nexus 5 and wondering how it might compare?

Funnily enough I went from Nexus 5 to LG G3 to Nokia 930.

I would say the Nokia 930 feels heavier in the hand , pretty much same thickness but definitely feels more premium. The screen also is way brighter. The Nexus 5 was pretty good OS wise as its official android so very snappy but the reason I sold it was the buttons at the side kept rattling , which drove me mad and also the battery life wasn't great. All in all I would say the Nokia 930 is the best phone ive had...up to yet :winktongue:

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah even with L735 I sometimes forget that it's just 1.2 Quad core lol because it feels like 2.3 Quad coming from Android :)

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is just epic!! I've been on the phone a lot today too as its new.
Id be close to empty on the Nexus 5 by now!
288pmkl.jpg

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 930 a week or two ago and love it. Superb display. Camera just as rewarding to use as my 1020's.
I have a G3 and although there is lag, for me it's minor and not troublesome....though I know some users experience it badly.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I heard that we have to buy a back cover,wireless chargin ,Nfc module and then assemble them.
Are you saying that assembled cover is readily available?

no the case i buy has nothing added i just swap the parts, once the glues is loosened the first time (with a hair drier) every other time you can just peel the parts off by hand super quick to do

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Thats great. but why does everyone keep switching from a 1520 to a 930? I dont get it. Also do all 1520 owners experience that tap when scroll problem?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thats great. but why does everyone keep switching from a 1520 to a 930? I dont get it. Also do all 1520 owners experience that tap when scroll problem?

probably because of size , the 930 is the 1520 just with a smaller screen and no micro sd slot , the 1520 was way to big for me I had it for 2 weeks and although its a great phone , its massive , it doesn't have any outstanding phablet features , the battery life is good but the screen drains it like mad so if you use the device a lot you still have to charge it every night , its just a big phone unlike the note 4 which offers some neat phablet features to go with the big screen ;-)

I can honestly see why a lot of people switch the 1520 is a beast spec wise but its also too big for many people myself included ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo