Got scratch on the frame

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you can buy it it is possible or you have to buy a defect 930 (with a perfect aluminium frame ) and swap parts.
Before you start check if you can find on youtube a video how to disassemble the 930.

Or you cold try to find some matching paint to "cover" then. Try a hobby shop for miniatures they should have some paint.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, the things went worse one. It fell on a solid floor. There are 2 cracks on the screen. Despite having screen guard, I was unable. To save the screen. The display is out of order.

I pi have insurance. But I am not sure. If they will replace the whole phone or just the screen and frame. But the phone is completely unusable. Because I can attend call because of dead screen

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have insurance that covers a cracked screen, they will likely replace the entire phone.
It's no just a crack, the whole screen is malfunctioning. For a moment I am shocked. My old 920 fell more than thrice with this kind of impact, and thankfully there isn't a micro scratch. Lumia 930 which has gorilla glass 3 which is much stronger, it just slipped from my hands when I took it from the pocket, and caused an irreparable crack, even with a screenguard. I hope they didn't give me a Defective model.

The insurance covers any kind of accidental damage. The only problem is, that I might have to wait for 15 days.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally after more than a month of wait, I got my Lumia 930 back with a new screen and frame. Can someone suggest me a good screenguard or temper glass protection, so that an incident like this doesn't happen again?

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear that you got your 930 back!
I?m not sure that tempered glass is the best option here. since the 930 has 2.5 D curvature the glass size would have the size of the screen and not the whole front panel. It would definitely look and feel weird. A friend of mine has tempered glass on his iPhone 6 Plus and due to the smaller size of the protector it feels weird to use the device. The additional edge on the screen just changes the feel of the phone.

To avoid this normal screen protector and a case that completely covers the back and front of the 930 should do the trick (original nokia cover?).
But this is a question of taste ;)

Usually i really like tempered glass. I have those protectors on nearly every other phone i use, so if you decide to buy such a screen protector i can recommend the ones from Blue BD and Nillkin.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Tom

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I use a trident Cyclops case. adds a little bulk to it, but hopefully, it will keep a screen break from happening. haven't dropped it yet with the case though, and I am sure am not gonna test it.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I will go for some stylish wallet case and use a screen protector made up of polymer, that would cover the whole screen.

Slight off topic. Since my Lumia 930 was repaired in a service center. Is there a way I can find out if all the 4 microphones are functioning properly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo