Charging issue

lukaszsidek

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello to everyone.
So firstly, my 930 is brand new (have it for couple of days) and updated (Cyan). I use the original charger and USB cable.

It takes 5-6 hours to charge the phone however it's not the worst thing... When it's charged, the first 50% literally RUN away even when I don't use the phone at all (just spotfy, no wifi). While with wifi on, it can be half-dead after an hour. Then it's better. But maybe it's because the phone is new and it needs time?

And another strange(!) issue: While charging I cannot use my phone! I mean, there is music turned on and it's all fine but whenever I use Internet or run some apps like games or maps for more than a few minutes the battery level goes DOWN! How is that even possible? The phone is plugged to my charger all the time. Once the device totally died! I've had an 820 and there were some issues with the battery, it also needed some time and then everything went fine but this battery (or a charger) seems to be a one stupid joke to me... I hope I'm wrong though and there is a solution.

Somebody can help? Thank in advance!!!

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a different charger? You say you plug in the USB but what's wrong with wireless charging (Qi)?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a faulty charger - I've had bad experiences with HTC micro usb chargers for example, I had the same issues - phone was going flat and losing battery even when plugged in. Is your charger a plug and a usb cable or a plug with a hardwired cable?

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Update all your apps .
Use the battery saver app to turn off all non essential background services .
Run the battery to empty then charge up fully with phone turned off so that the battery indicator knows whats empty and full .
Always try to keep the battery topped up all the time without running it right down .
Keep the phone away from heat sources such as the wireless charger LOL .

lukaszsidek

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So I don't use a wireless charger. I changed the cable and it was better actually. Weird. How about loosing first 50% of battery so fast? Now I am about 20 minutes after charging and there's only 74% because of using web and spotify... 20 minutes = 26%???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs