Hey guys. I've just got my mother into Windows Phone with the 930. Now we live in the states so it came from over sea and the region its from is China. I was wondering if changing the ROM to a new carrier and region was possible and what software/ROM is best recommended for the 930?

Thanks in advance!
    01-03-2015 01:05 PM
    Yes, it's possible.

Follow this tutorial to the letter and you should be fine. Don't skip over the backup part if you want to save your personal photos, videos etc.

[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    01-04-2015 05:45 AM
    If your phone now works you do not really need to change the ROM. Just change the region in settings and your fine.
    01-04-2015 05:51 AM
    If your phone now works you do not really need to change the ROM. Just change the region in settings and your fine.
    I know that, I was just seeing if changing the rom still worked because China hasn't been the fastest in releasing updates on phones. If I change the region which it is, I'm still bound to China because that's the original ROMs manufacturers location.
    01-04-2015 11:15 AM
    Yes, it's possible.

Follow this tutorial to the letter and you should be fine. Don't skip over the backup part if you want to save your personal photos, videos etc.

[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    Thanks a lot man, I know it was still possible.thanks for the link too! Its been a while since I've done this (did it to my 920 when ATT was taking for ever to release Amber).
    01-04-2015 11:16 AM
    Thanks a lot man, I know it was still possible.thanks for the link too! Its been a while since I've done this (did it to my 920 when ATT was taking for ever to release Amber).
    I used this tutorial to change my region in order to get Denim and it worked successfully. Just make sure you also backup your photos and videos to your PC!

Also read pages 7,8 and 9 of this thread before proceeding http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/329545-9.htm

It's been a week since I installed Denim on my 930 and it's well worth the trouble of flashing your phone. The camera is greatly improved and battery life is amazing.
    01-05-2015 06:12 AM