930 on TMO?

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to get one this coming weekend. I will share my experience once I get it. But you don't get LTE on it and no WiFi calling.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
They're going for $450-$500 on Amazon and eBay. I can't justify spending that much money on a device that will only get 2G at best here in the US unless I traveled to Europe frequently.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Will the unlocked international version get LTE in US?

this question was asked on another thread and someone answered, this was the answer

For the record, Cricket Wireless is not simply an AT&T MVNO, but rather a wholly owned subsidiary of AT&T that operates on the same network. AT&T LTE operates on bands 1, 2, 4, 5, and 17. (This means it operates in the 700 MHz B band, the 1700/2100 AWS-I band, and areas where AT&T has refarmed old GSM 850 and 1900 MHz network spectrum to LTE.) On Cricket Wireless, LTE speeds top out around 10 Mbps (though AT&T's network is not capped, Cricket is). This is comparable to 4G HSPA+ speeds in many areas. Any AT&T phone will work with 4G LTE on Cricket. Any international smartphone that supports HSPA+ in the 850/1900 MHz and 1700/2100 MHz bands will work with full 4G HSPA+ support

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
this question was asked on another thread and someone answered, this was the answer

For the record, Cricket Wireless is not simply an AT&T MVNO, but rather a wholly owned subsidiary of AT&T that operates on the same network. AT&T LTE operates on bands 1, 2, 4, 5, and 17. (This means it operates in the 700 MHz B band, the 1700/2100 AWS-I band, and areas where AT&T has refarmed old GSM 850 and 1900 MHz network spectrum to LTE.) On Cricket Wireless, LTE speeds top out around 10 Mbps (though AT&T's network is not capped, Cricket is). This is comparable to 4G HSPA+ speeds in many areas. Any AT&T phone will work with 4G LTE on Cricket. Any international smartphone that supports HSPA+ in the 850/1900 MHz and 1700/2100 MHz bands will work with full 4G HSPA+ support

I'm sorry. So that im clear. Is this saying that an I international 930 will get 4G HSPA plus? Is that different or equal to LTE speeds?

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
HSPA+ is not 4G, it's 3G, though some marketing types call it 3.5G :p
Don't know about TMO, but on AT&T (which I'm on) the unlocked international will get HSPA+ speeds, no LTE.
Where I'm at I get 10 ~ 13 mps HSPA+ speeds. Others have reported around 8mps (also on AT&T), so it depends some on the area of town.

Fred

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
HSPA+ is not 4G, it's 3G, though some marketing types call it 3.5G :p
Don't know about TMO, but on AT&T (which I'm on) the unlocked international will get HSPA+ speeds, no LTE.
Where I'm at I get 10 ~ 13 mps HSPA+ speeds. Others have reported around 8mps (also on AT&T), so it depends some on the area of town.

Fred

Thanks for the help. I love my 1520 and it's in mint condition. But the double tap thing, other glitches , and even a little the size is really getting old after 6 months. So im THINKING about going to the 930 but wanted to see what the connectivity is like. The question now is, can i live without the LTE? That's a big sacrifice.

You were helpful.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've never missed LTE at all. The last few phones that I've owned have all been international unlocked phones.
Even with the S4 (AT&T) that I have that does get LTE, I never really use LTE.
At home, I'm always on my wifi and at the work, the all metal, secure building doesn't get LTE signal, just the HSPA+.
The only time (with the S4) that I would get LTE is when I'm out and about, but I never use/need LTE then, as the phone is just for email and messages when I'm at the store or whatever.

:)
Fred

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe stupid question but is anybody running 930 on TMO? Please share experience.

Yes and I love it.

Came from AT&T Unlocked 1020.

930 is much better. Even on HSPA+, I haven't really missed LTE because the 930 hardware is so much faster than the 1020.

Also, Internet Sharing works flawlessly. ON the 1020, there was a hack for awhile, but Cyan killed it.

I also flashed the Euro Variant OS from the Hong Kong Variant and updated to Denim without any problems - even with doing a full data and settings restore!

The camera - especially with Denim, is the BEST I have used on a smartphone (and yes, I did have an 808 PureView as well). The size may be smaller (note 20MP is still more than enough for most hard print uses) than the 808 or 1020, but the Image processing in Denim more than makes up for it!

The only thing you won't get are proprietary TMO features - so if you are counting on using WiFi calling, think carefully before you buy..

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Tmobile in the Fort Worth, TX area. The fastest speeds I get is 3G/HSPA+ which seem to be much weaker in coverage where i'm at compared to LTE. Coming from a 635 on LTE I can definitely tell a difference in speed while streaming music/videos. Browsing websites is not as noticeable. Don't get me wrong, I love the 930. You can really tell a difference in performance. The only thing to make it perfect would be LTE compatibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett