How do you deal with no glance?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and a 520. Glance to me is convenient, but nothing I would praise on the internet, much less choose a phone over. :p

Just thought I'd give this thread another perspective. 😊

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Let's say you have it set to non-permanent option. So you can see everything only few minutes or when you're waving in front of proximity sensor.

How is that different to unlock phone or look at your watch ? Glance = overrated.

That's why I have set it to always on. This is the way I'm used to since October 2010.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Let's say you have it set to non-permanent option. So you can see everything only few minutes or when you're waving in front of proximity sensor.

How is that different to unlock phone or look at your watch ? Glance = overrated.

Having left WP for Android, the one thing i definitely miss is Glance (wish i got a Moto X instead of a Nexus 5). The fact that i could use the proximity sensor in a way that I could pull the phone from my pocket, quickly see the time and notifications without turning on was a very nice feature. Glance isnt the greatest feature EVER, but its definitely a bonus in my books.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

You don't have to actually touch the phone to check for notifications/weather info/time.This is extremely useful if you have your phone at your desk and you don't want to bother waking up your phone to do it.

Not sure why this is even a discussion. The people that use glance find it very convenient. The people that don't seem to always find new ways of looking ignorant.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to actually touch the phone to check for notifications/weather info/time.This is extremely useful if you have your phone at your desk and you don't want to bother waking up your phone to do it.

Not sure why this is even a discussion. The people that use glance find it very convenient. The people that don't seem to always find new ways of looking ignorant.

And that's your opinion...I find the people that dont wanna press the button to get the same info lazy.

Igor_BL

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Glance is the only reason why I opted for L830, insted of L930, even though L930 has better specs. For me, it's very important. Just hope that Microsoft will release also dual sim version of future flagship model, which will support glance (935 DS or 940 DS), and it's going to be my next phone.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
And that's your opinion...I find the people that dont wanna press the button to get the same info lazy.

well I just started this post because I wanted to know how people who came from having a windows phone with Glance are now living without it and the transition because I'm thinking of getting the 930 as my next phone, 830 is tempting but the 930 seems to hit everything in terms of performance besides Glance, no need for anyone biting each other over not being able to press the phone to see notifications , well that's what glance is about, not touching but glancing....

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Glance is the only reason why I opted for L830, insted of L930, even though L930 has better specs. For me, it's very important. Just hope that Microsoft will release also dual sim version of future flagship model, which will support glance (935 DS or 940 DS), and it's going to be my next phone.

so you currently have the 830 with you? how is it going performance wise?

Igor_BL

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
so you currently have the 830 with you? how is it going performance wise?
I upgraded from L820, and must admit that L830 doesn't seem significantly neither faster nor more stable, but just as same as my old L820. Apart from the bigger screen, the experience is almost identical. The battery is somehow better, but still needs to be charged every night.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an 930, I installed "AccuWeather" and put it in lock screen app and now practically I have glance ! Double tap on the screen, the phone wake up and give me all the information that I need, along with weather information with a nice graphic aspect ! :cool:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have "glance now" on my icon, but I still don't use it.

I have also glance on my lumia and I also never use it.
It's nothing more than gimmicky feature which drain your phone battery.(a much more battery expensive feature than other alternatives)

a Double Tab on screen won't kill thumb and It is much more useful.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Went from an 822 with glance to the Icon a few days ago. I was all worried that I'd miss Glance, especially at night - until the 2nd day I had it when I realized I hadn't even given it a second thought. I've caught myself waving my hand over the phone to check the time exactly once since I've had the phone.

I guess I don't miss it as much as I thought I would...the upgraded phone makes it all OK :smile:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I came from a 920, and I really like Glance. Mostly, I miss the double-tap feature more than I miss the notifications or time.

I'm confused - some posters seemed to say they had double to wake? I'd much prefer that to pressing the power button.

Is there a way to enable double-tap? I'll check into Accuweather that Enrico mentioned, and I'll look at Glance Now as well.

Again, I don't care about the clock - I'd just like double tap to wake. How to do that?

Thank

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I came from a 920, and I really like Glance. Mostly, I miss the double-tap feature more than I miss the notifications or time.

I'm confused - some posters seemed to say they had double to wake? I'd much prefer that to pressing the power button.

Is there a way to enable double-tap? I'll check into Accuweather that Enrico mentioned, and I'll look at Glance Now as well.

Again, I don't care about the clock - I'd just like double tap to wake. How to do that?

Thank

NM - I found it under settings. It was enabled automatically upon setup with the 920, so I just assumed the 930 was missing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro