How do you deal with no glance?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Selling my 1020,thinking of getting 930,gotten accustomed to 1020 glance,but tired of missing great camera shots,long camera start up times ,I rather have faster overall performance and still have reasonable camera detail with its 20mp & have Qi charging also but how do you people who have 930,deal with no glance & was it hard to adapt to?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I used glance once or twice in the beginning but then never.( because it's not battery efficient)
neither I find it attractive.

I never understood the deal with glance.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You could upgrade to a 1520 if you don't mind the size. It has everything the 930 has spec wise, same awesome 20MP Pureview camera, SD800 with all the sensors, (albeit no wireless charging without an add on shell) plus you get an SD card slot and most importantly, Glance!

I was hesitant about the size at first, but you quickly get used to it... then wonder how you got by with such small devices before lol... The screen is just amazing!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I used glance once or twice in the beginning but then never.( because it's not battery efficient)
neither I find it attractive.

I never understood the deal with glance.

On the contrary, Glance is very battery efficient! Uses very little battery.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was hesitant about the size at first, but you quickly get used to it... then wonder how you got by with such small devices before lol... The screen is just amazing!
I was shocked two days ago when I saw one lady holding at least 8" thing on her ear phoning someone :))) I guess 1520 isn't so big then.

But for the OP, I dont what would I do without Glance. Got 928. Its so awesome for notifications

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Glance has minimal effect on battery life. My 830 can almost go 2 days between charges! The best use of Glance is at night when I put my 830 on my Nokia charging stand. Thus, turning it into a night stand clock!

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an icon, and I missed glance when I first got the phone back in August. Before the icon, I had an 822. I loved glance because I could see the time and notifications without turning on the phone. I don't miss glance anymore because I have gotten used to not having it. So to deal with going from glance to no glance is to just get used to it. It isn't that bad after the first week of two.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

So, if I turned on glance then my phone battery will improve?

Or you are comparing with notification light and saying

It is more battery efficient than notification light?

Just wondering on what basis you are saying it's battery efficient

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So, if I turned on glance then my phone battery will improve?

Or you are comparing with notification light and saying

It is more battery efficient than notification light?

Just wondering on what basis you are saying it's battery efficient

Of course it won't improve your battery life. I'm saying it uses very, very little battery. I've tried it with it off on my phone for a day, and then with it on. Didn't make a difference.. I'm sure Glance uses a fraction of what an LED notification light uses.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Even on phones with LCD screens such as the 1520, Glance uses very little power.. especially when set to "peek" (operated by the proximity sensor).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even on phones with LCD screens such as the 1520, Glance uses very little power.. especially when set to "peek" (operated by the proximity sensor).

Probably no way as close to AMOLED, but its still not a dramatic power user.

I kinda wish I could make the Glance timeout shorter than 30 seconds actually.

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
On my 925 I had glance set to peek but never made much use of it and don't miss it on my 930. Pressing the power button to see the lock screen is not what I would call troublesome. Imho, I don't know why people make such a fuss about it.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
On my 925 I had glance set to peek but never made much use of it and don't miss it on my 930. Pressing the power button to see the lock screen is not what I would call troublesome. Imho, I don't know why people make such a fuss about it.

Does the 930 support double tap to wake?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Its because the 930 did not have Glance that I went with the 830, which I am quite happy with though in recent days I have been looking at the 1520 very longingly - the idea of a large screen is very tempting. However, I may just hold off till W10 drops to see what is on offer. I do like Glance a lot especially when there is no alerts for incoming mails/ messages/ notifications - this is because I usually keep my phone in silent mode all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077