How can I unlock a Lumia 930 and put another sim put into it?

Glyn Chapman

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
930 locked to network

Hi there,
I'm hoping you can help me with a bit of a situation.
I have recently helped a former partner escape from very abusive relationship and one of the few things that she managed to take when she left was her Nokia Lumia 930 which her former partner gave her as a birthday present (he has now blocked the sim).
She is currently without the means to have the phone unlocked to put another sim into it and I was hoping you would be able to advise me on how she can do this.
We have spent the last 72hrs looking for some means of achieving this and have drawn a blank.

Forgot to mention the phone / IMEI has not been blacklisted.

The details for there phone are as below:

Model: Nokia Lumia 930
Network: EE
IMEI: *********289723

I hope you are able to help as this is her only out let whilst she is recovering and getting back on her feet so to speak.

With thanks,

Glyn Chapman

Last edited:

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 930 locked to network

Not much you can do once the imei get blacklisted. If you want to be their white knight buy them a cheap 525 or 625

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Semantics. One way or another a new SIM/Line of service wont work. Sounds like blocked by the carrier.

Your partner did not purchase the device so likely you have no recourse with the carrier. Get a new phone and service. Move on.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

If the phone is blacklisted/barred you cannot do anything. It won't work in that country anymore. If it's only simlocked you can use a 3rd party unlock service as in Europe it's completely legal to unlock your device by any means.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Depends what country you are in. In England its very common to get phones unblocked for ?15 and is a 10 mins process. Its done legally over here in phone repair shops. They hook it up to a computer and its done. Had mine unlocked a few times over the years and no problems at all

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

OP - You spent 72 hours searching and failed to see any of these website? unlock lumia - Bing

Or you could visit your local Asian-run phone shop and ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Get another EE pay as you go sim card, try it in the phone & it should work if only the SIM has been blocked. Ask EE how much they would charge to network unlock the phone. Is the phone on a contract or bought outright?
If its still subject to contract payments you might struggle getting an unlock code from EE.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully someone will come up with a workable solution but it appears that getting a new phone would be the best bet. That way the Ex doesn't have any input or control over the new phone.

Short of that, I can't think of anything other options.

Last edited by a moderator:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone will come up with a workable solution but it appears that getting a new phone would be the best bet. That way the Ex doesn't have any input or control over the new phone.

Short of that, I can't think of anything other options.

Have you tried any other Sim card? If it won't work with any other no matter if it is still EE or not, the phone got blacklisted.

Glyn Chapman

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone and thanks for the advice so far.
I've checked again with regards to the IMEI being blacklisted and it's still clean.
We've put another SIM into it and can not make or receive any calls / text or media message.
We've tried manually inputting APN / MMS etc.
Factory reset
Still no joy

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If the phone is not blacklisted then a new EE sim will work, or any sim from any EE network company (orange, Virgin etc.). Other true networks, ie. Vodafone, 3, O2 etc. (and sub companies that use their networks), won't work. EE will unlock, for a fee. You may well get a cheaper fee on the high street from mobile phone repair shops. It is easy and cheap. DIY is possible, but you would need to buy phone unblocking kit which would be expensive unless you're setting up your own unlocking service. EE or the shops is your best plan. V. cheap, v. easy.

Oh, and of course it is legal. She owns the phone, it's not vandalism if you mod your own stuff. Who else could possibly have a say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3