Opened the rear panel of 930

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Had a chance to open the rear panel of Lumia 930 and this is what it looks inside. It is actually clipped into position and can be removed by pulling it out from top down to bottom carefully. Here you go for the pictures

Attachments

• WP_20150106_002.jpg
    WP_20150106_002.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20150106.jpg
    IMG_20150106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I dont think so. I tried a bit but it wasn't moving from any side. Also a thin wire is passing over it which you can see in the lower right side in the pic. So am afraid that wire might get damaged if I had tried a bit harder

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I dont think so. I tried a bit but it wasn't moving from any side. Also a thin wire is passing over it which you can see in the lower right side in the pic. So am afraid that wire might get damaged if I had tried a bit harder

The battery is soldered into the board. No removing it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure the battery is not removable? I have about 4 spares from Icons - I would think they are the same.

You take off the cover you are looking at, then there is some tape you pull back, then it plugs in.

Actually, I believe the battery connector is under the silver tab that is screwed down. It is glued in, so you have to take the cover off to get it out.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

No as it sits.

There are several torx screws holding that back cover in that you have to remove, then it is accessible. That wire to the bottom right is, I think, an antenna. It plugs into the lower board with a circular plug. It comes out easily upon reassembly. That silver wing type piece off the cover helps to hold it in place. You have to make sure it's snapped on correctly before you replace the cover.

So, as it sits in your pic, it's not removable. If you take off that back cover, it is. That silver thing at the bottom of the battery that is held down by a screw, I believe, hides the battery plug.

There's like 9 or 10 of those torx screws holding that back cover on.

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit like looking behind the scenes at Disney or something..ruins the "magic" of the Lumia seeing its guts spilled out haha.

PS. I do not think Disney is magical ;0)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll be opening one up a 930 tomorrow or the next day. If I can figure it out, I'll post a pic with that back cover off.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, my 930 came in finally, so here's a few more pics for you.

With the inner cover on, but all of the screws removed, and the silver battery attachment cover removed:
WP_20150109_002.jpg

With the inner cover removed, so you can see the motherboard. The standalone motherboard on the bottom is from an Icon - they are identical, other than the Icon's software differences. They are easily interchangeable.
WP_20150109_004.jpg

Last, this is with the Icon with the motherboard and battery removed. The 930 looks exactly the same.
WP_20150109_005.jpg

Not sure how the last pic got in this post, but it's just like the above pics.

Attachments

• WP_20150109_001.jpg
    WP_20150109_001.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 6

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The reason I had these parts is that I bought an Icon with a bad board, but a good screen, and a 930 with a good board, and a broken screen.

I transplanted the 930 board into the Icon body. So, I now have an unlocked 930 (except it has Verizon logo on the front and back) for................................

....................$150!

I will sell my 920 that this Frankenstein 930 is replacing, and I'll be into this new 930 for about $30.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm sorry for this noob question. How do I remove the back panel? I mean the plastic cover. Unlucky me, my 930 slipped and bounced 3 times on a rough concrete pavement and the portion of the cover opened a bit but I can't click it into place. The bottom right corner won't click in. I'll greatly appreciate the feedback. Cheers.

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Try to slip your nail or a thin plate into the top end and flip it out. that is where you must start. And then start clipping out the sides from top to bottom and finally remove the bottom area where the clips are bit deep inside. And to put it back start it backwards from bottom, to side and finally the top.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Try to slip your nail or a thin plate into the top end and flip it out. that is where you must start. And then start clipping out the sides from top to bottom and finally remove the bottom area where the clips are bit deep inside. And to put it back start it backwards from bottom, to side and finally the top.

Thank you. I'll do this ASAP. 😃

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss