I just got RM-1045 from Hong Kong and I had a few questions. The side buttons are cheap feeling compared to my lumia 925. Kind of plasticky hollow. The power button in particular is flatter than the volume and shutter buttons and only a small section in the middle of the button is actually pushable and has very little travel. My 925 the buttons are very solid with lots of travel, jut out more and you can push anywhere to trigger, not just a small area in the center. I just wanted to know if this was normal for the 930 or not.

Also another thing I notice is when scrolling through pages with black background and white text (like the app list), the white text gets dimmer and skinnier/fuzzier when you scroll. It is very apparent under lower brightness. 925 gets slightly pixellated when scrolling but it doesn't get dimmer and fuzzier/skinnier when scrolling. Both screens are penTile but the arrangement is a bit different. I find scrolling on the 930 to be kind of annoying.

Another thing I notice that is very annoying is pinch to zoom. It doesn't seem to work half the time, for pictures, webpages, etc. and when it does work, it isn't very smooth. My 925 does it without hesitation and it is very smooth. I think it is a problem with newer Nokia phones. I recently used a 1520 that had the same difficulty with pinch-to-zoom. Changing touch sensitivity from high/normal does nothing. I am not sure. Maybe the phone is too new and needs a layer of grease to make it detect my second finger, but that kind of doesn't make sense since my ipad sensitivity gets worse with more grease.

One last question. I was expecting denim to be already available since this phone is unlocked RM-1045 HK version but it is still Cyan and phone update doesn't find anything. What 930 phones have got denim already and when can I expect it on HK version?

BTW I am getting decent 13mbps on T-mobile in US and the icon jumps between H+ and 3G.
    01-09-2015 07:37 PM
    My 930 buttons are similar, although I don't find them cheap... just the description of power being recessed more.

I have always found LED displays to exhibit the scrolling symptom you describe, particularly noticeable in low brightness settings. That said, I usually just set mine to medium and leave it that way.

I've not experienced any pinch/zoom issues whatsoever, and I'm not quite sure I understand what you're describing.

Denim is only released in Europe model 930's. There is another thread a few posts down, however, with links and details on how to flash the Europe firmware to it and then get Denim offered.
    01-09-2015 07:45 PM
    My 925 i never noticed the scrolling issue until i looked hard. The 930 is WAY more pronounced and it actually makes the text visibly skinnier. Coming from phpnes like the iphone, note 4, and lumia 925, the buttons feel very cheap. Its not so much the feel as it is in the really really small area of the button you can actually push. Even the volume buttons its a really small area and i can push the tip without triggering anything snd there is no springback. I can live with these problems, although the pinch to zoom is real annoying. The pinch to zoom doesnt work half the time when i put two fingers on the screen and move them apart. Otherwise the touchscreen works fine.
    01-10-2015 01:40 AM
    My 925 i never noticed the scrolling issue until i looked hard. The 930 is WAY more pronounced and it actually makes the text visibly skinnier. Coming from phpnes like the iphone, note 4, and lumia 925, the buttons feel very cheap. Its not so much the feel as it is in the really really small area of the button you can actually push. Even the volume buttons its a really small area and i can push the tip without triggering anything snd there is no springback. I can live with these problems, although the pinch to zoom is real annoying. The pinch to zoom doesnt work half the time when i put two fingers on the screen and move them apart. Otherwise the touchscreen works fine.
    Take a look at the pics I posted that include a motherboard from an Icon. From that, you can see how small the actual button on the motherboard are.

BTW - I think the internal buttons are about the same size on iphones and galaxies. The difference is that the back side of the external button has a large surface, so you push it anywhere, and it activates the internal switch. On the 930, the backside of the button is not very big, and is actually about the same size as the inner button.

If it's a big problem, you could glue a little larger piece to the back side. A word of caution, though, is that it is easy to break the buttons when you take the motherboard out.
    01-10-2015 09:52 AM