Background clicking noise on calls - mic or board?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So, since I've had the 930, I've had a couple of calls where the caller on the other end says there is a clicking noise in the background. A couple of times, they've asked me to hand up and call back, which helps, but not a lot.

Any ideas what that could be, and how I could fix it?

I had one caller who even said pinpointed it to the day I got this phone.

I don't hear anything like that at all on my end.

Thanks much.

EDIT: I turned off wifi, and it seems to go away, if that helps.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Background clicking noise on calls

OK, switching off wifi does not necessarily make it better. I am wondering there is a mic issue.

I'm going to try a factory reset, but I'm not too optimistic that will do much.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I changed the title, because I am thinking there must be an issue with the mic. As it turns out, I have a few extras lying around, so I think tomorrow I will replace the mic.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether an issue like that would be the mic or something else?

I'm hoping the mic, because I can fix that.

Thanks

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Last post - think I figured it out. I recorded voice memos - no problem.

So, I called myself on another phone, and had no problem. Then, I started to move the phone around in my hand, and I heard it. It seems when I move my hand around the bottom of the phone, especially on the aluminum edges, it adds a lot of background noise. It's really bad if I hold it at the bottom by the speakers.

Weird, but at least I know. Maybe a cover or case will help with my fidgets.

SurfaceWP

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on my two week old device. I have sent it out for repair and will get it back tomorrow. I hope that the issue has been fixed.
I keep you updated.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I found that my issue was that I was putting my hand on the bottom of the phone, and interfering with the antenna. I've learned to hold it by the side, and it's better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans