Hello all,

I recently got my 930 from expansys-USA. I was really satisfied especially because there was no defects/bugs...until now! I updated to Denim today and started noticing a small green spot on the screen near the camera button. It is a light green stain that is most noticeable on a white screen. I am really worried because it's just been a few months since I got my phone and since this is an HK country variant, the warranty doesn't apply here in the US

Can somebody help me in any direction? Can I get it repaired at a Nokia service center here in the US, since 930 is not available in USA? Or how feasible is it to send back to HK for warranty? Any other solutions - DIY display change?

One thing I noted that today before updating to Denim, my phone was on Wireless charging. I use it quite often, never noticed this problem, but today I don't know if the spot was there before updating or not. I have tried soft reset too.
    01-15-2015 07:29 PM
    From all my experience I would tell you that it is a dead pixel.
    BUT!
    My lumia 630 had (in the 2nd month of the purchase) 5-6 green pixels and without doing anything they are gone.
    You could take it to a service shop specifying the exact problem or you can wait for a month, and see if you are as
    lucky as I were and disappear by itself. (seriously it might disappear without any reason)
    If not, you might have to replace your front panel and change it with a new one from e-bay. There are many ''How to''
    all over the net with step by step guides.
    In my concern, I don't think it is software related as there is no relation between them.
    01-16-2015 01:18 AM
    Is it like page 13 of this post?
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok.../295840-13.htm
    There is a pic of a green spot caused by overheating.
    01-16-2015 03:14 AM
    Yes exactly! I am starting to believe this could be due to overheating. I'm preparing to send my phone for warranty repair through expansys, but I think it'll take a lot of time to get back. Until then I'd have to use my older 920. I wanted to fix it myself and save time but I guess that's not possible.
    01-16-2015 03:58 PM