I installed Demin on my 930 on 26.12.2014. After the apps were installed, etc. (~2hrs later), I noticed strange screen flickering. It was irregular and looked as if the entire screen was repainted from top to bottom.

But after a few hours and reboots, the flickering went away. Perhaps it is some calibration routine. So don't worry, seems its normal and will go away :)

I love my 930 with Denim and the camera is now truly amazing. Enjoy!
    01-16-2015 07:01 AM
    I had the same problem yesterday after updating, but today I haven't seen it flickering anymore (oh it did it just now typing this message haha! But still less as yesterday).

And the camera indeed is awesome! Took some photo's of my cat and I have the feeling that the images are way more crisp as before! Also all the new features are great!
    01-16-2015 07:04 AM
    Screen flicker when you on 2G...
    01-16-2015 07:24 AM
    It does not seem to be dependent on mobile module enabled, I had screen flicker with just WiFi too. But it stopped pretty quickly. Now my 930 is waiting for Win10 preview :)
    01-16-2015 07:39 AM
    It is not on 2G, that is another issue and its not flicker, it is more like radio waves interacting with the screen.
    What the L930 has now is something different that you think it will go away, but it wont. I have Denim from December and it still happens from time to time. It shouldn't! This is no Calibration like the above user mentioned. If you use the display app and set the color profile to advanced you will get the screen blink more often than using it with standard or cool setting.
    01-16-2015 07:56 AM
    Screen flicker issue is connected to EDGE. When connection drop to EDGE, screen start to flicker for a some time. It's a problem which Nokia/Microsoft doesn't and probably will not solve in the future. It doesn't matter if you are on WiFi, connection in background still works (if you're not on Airplane mode). When connection drop to EDGE that cause the problem.
    Could be connected to shielding or it's a design problem which cannot be solved by minor repair.

There is nothing other which will cause this flickering or FW/SW update that will help that.
    01-16-2015 08:02 AM
    Daniel what you say it is true, but if he didn't had screen flicker before he wont have it now. What he may be experiencing is another thing that shows up on all phones and I explained it above.

The switching to Edge only shows on some phones and it is not worldwide, mostly Germany phones had this. So if on Cyan there were no issues then on Denim there wont be. However this screen flicker/blink is something new. I will try to record it.
    01-16-2015 08:43 AM
    Maybe he just didn't noticed it.

I'm in charge or purchasing and sales in my country and we purchase EU stock. All Lumias 930 which we had (UK, IT, DE, NOR, CZE) the same problem with screen. HW revision 2.0.0.1, 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 had the same problem (it is visible mostly on White background).

EDIT: And service center in Czech confirm it as defect without having any solution for fix (so in the end it is a feature :-)). That suggest design flaw in HW.
    01-16-2015 09:00 AM
    HW revision 2.0.0.1, 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 had the same problem (it is visible mostly on White background).
    How to check the HW revision of the device?
    01-16-2015 10:33 AM
    Nokia Care Suite is the most precise way to check. But you can also check in phone info in settings.
    01-16-2015 10:34 AM
    This ONLY started happening to me after updating to DENIM therefore I can only conclude that this is an issue with the update, nothing else
    01-31-2015 05:10 AM
    No problem here. I'll wager that those afflicted did an update over the air. For big upgrades like Denim I ALWAYS do a fresh firmware install. I've not had any of the reported issues - flicker, screen rotation etc..Was exactly the same with Android and the Lollipop update. At the very least, do the OTA update then do a factory reset. Windows Phone is really good with a factory reset - give it a couple of hours and your phone will do everything automatically, including setting up your start screen.
    01-31-2015 06:45 AM
    No problem here. I'll wager that those afflicted did an update over the air. For big upgrades like Denim I ALWAYS do a fresh firmware install. I've not had any of the reported issues - flicker, screen rotation etc..Was exactly the same with Android and the Lollipop update. At the very least, do the OTA update then do a factory reset. Windows Phone is really good with a factory reset - give it a couple of hours and your phone will do everything automatically, including setting up your start screen.
    I flashed it 5 times until now, the flicker is there mostly when is charging and browsing apps (when it gets heated up).
    Perhaps yours is ok, but I still hear people saying that they don't have any issues but they don't use their phones at all, at least not like many of us do.
    I just met a guy who owned a Lumia 1520 very happy about the battery life (2 and a half days) but he didn't used WhatsApp at all or fb messenger, or twitter. He just browsed the apps and that meant using the phone for him. Scrolling and talking to the phone doesn't mean u are using the phone at full cap..
    Using the phone means using it hourly. I watch youtube clips like 5-6 one after another in the night at 1080p, I read news and tweet/facebook at least 2-3 per day, WhatsApp & Skype & FB messenger every single day. My battery lasts a day and through out this journey I get flickering, because I use the phone, I don't just look at it how gorgeous it is. Oh did I mention it has max brightness?
    I don't know, maybe mine and others tens of people have defective units (most probably) but they get defective because we use them, not look at them.
    01-31-2015 08:47 AM
    Lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I too use my 930 extensively and throughout the day - it's hopeless debating with light users of any platform, they just don't get it because they never stress their phones. iOS, for example, is fine for a light user - they even like the 720p screen and the lack of a back button - as if it's an advantage not having them. Some of the Lumia features would blow their minds - in fact they will do when Apple holds a keynote and proclaims them as exciting new features of iOS.
    zkyevolved likes this.
    01-31-2015 09:05 AM
    It always flickered on EDGE. Problem with shielding I suppose.
    01-31-2015 10:27 AM