I think I hit a bug in Lumia Camera.

I have both flash and rich capture mode turned on. I then zoom in and take a picture. Then going to the cameral roll, it will show the picture as processing. Normally this only takes a second or two, but sometimes (which seems to happen only when the picture is zoomed), it will get stuck at processing. I'm have to hit back button to go back to the camera interface, at which point the photo I just took is gone from the camera roll.

Anyone else experienced this?
    01-18-2015 09:32 AM
    I think I hit a bug in Lumia Camera.

I have both flash and rich capture mode turned on. I then zoom in and take a picture. Then going to the cameral roll, it will show the picture as processing. Normally this only takes a second or two, but sometimes (which seems to happen only when the picture is zoomed), it will get stuck at processing. I'm have to hit back button to go back to the camera interface, at which point the photo I just took is gone from the camera roll.

Anyone else experienced this?
    This bug has been present in version 4 of the Lumia Camera in older phones (such as the aging King L1020), but with a more malignant symptom: the camera freezes (refer to numerous threads on the topic) and the "saving" prompt appears for a prolonged period of time, where the only solution was to restart the phone only to find that the photo was not saved. This cancerous bug doesn't seem to have anything to do with having the camera digitally zoomed in.

At least in version 5, it seems that the bug has a more benign form. Let's hope that Microsoft would continue to improve or work on it in pushing future updates.
    01-18-2015 09:58 AM