Recommendations for QI wireless charger?

EvilMochi

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a 930 (my first Windows OS phone) and like it very much. However in my country the phone doesn't come packed with a QI wireless charging pad/stand so I have to purchase one myself.

The issue is that a Nokia QI wireless charging stand from the only "Nokia" store left in the country is about USD 95 which seems like a rip off. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality QI wireless charging stand. Also is it possible to find chargers that output at 2A and work with the 930? Because I've read the negatives of wireless charging is the speed.

Thank you for the help.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
95 US is indeed a lot. Did you try amazon or another web shop.
Also look for dt-900, 910, 601 these are also qi chargers.
The "biggest" wired charger from Nokia is the ac-60 with is 1.5A.

Qi chargers are indeed somewhat slower but that depends on the spec of the charger.
I have above qi chargers and can not really say the are slow.
But they are very user friendly. Just put your phone on it and no hassle with cables.

But all qi certified chargers can be used. Just be aware of the spec if you buy one.
Furthermore some of the non Nokia qi chargers start loading your phone but if it is charged they stop. That is not the problem but if the charging stops the battery will start to drain because for phone is switched on. But the charger will not start reloading your phone. So if you put it on the charger during the night it will load to 100% but if you check in the morning only 95% is left.

Please search on this side on QI than you will find some more posts.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought some Chinese from eBay for about 15-20$. Output is 5v and 1A. Look if you may find with 1.5A output

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I recommend avoiding 3rd party qi chargers. They do not properly communicate with the charger which means when they should charge slower (first part of charge on dead battery or when too hot) they will not which is likely to lower the life of your battery. Buy one used on eBay. Or new, about half the price.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Like some of the others mentioned, you should check the older models. I got the DT-901 (which is just the DT-900 slipped inside of a Fatboy bag) for less than USD 30 new here in Norway. If you're willing to deal with a smaller surface the DT-601 (have no personal experience with it) seems be available for ok prices on eBay including international shipping.

Edit: There's a seller on eBay with the DT-900 for $26 (+$9 international shipping)... couldn't post the link as I haven't made enough posts yet, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Like some of the others mentioned, you should check the older models. I got the DT-901 (which is just the DT-900 slipped inside of a Fatboy bag) for less than USD 30 new here in Norway. If you're willing to deal with a smaller surface the DT-601 (have no personal experience with it) seems be available for ok prices on eBay including international shipping.

Edit: There's a seller on eBay with the DT-900 for $26 (+$9 international shipping)... couldn't post the link as I haven't made enough posts yet, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

I got the dt 601 its 1.7 A and the 900 serie is 0.75 A so it faster.
But I do not really like the small size (still need to covert it in a stand like the 910) .
Also if i put the phone on it it takes a while for the "loading" starts whereas if i put my phone on the 900/910 the loading starts immediately.

Last edited:

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
because whoever made the page decided to put those devices on there?
that list isn't all compatible devices, so don't try to read too much into it.

it's the official Microsoft/Nokia website for goodness sake!

and I think I have just found the reason on this old DT910 review
Quick review ? Nokia Wireless Charging Stand | Windows Central

the NFC field on the stand is on the bottom, whereas on the 930 is on the top (near the camera lense) so the NFC functionality provided by the stand wouldn't work, whereas it might still charge?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it's the official Microsoft/Nokia website for goodness sake!

and I think I have just found the reason on this old DT910 review
Quick review ? Nokia Wireless Charging Stand | Windows Central

the NFC field on the stand is on the bottom, whereas on the 930 is on the top (near the camera lense) so the NFC functionality provided by the stand wouldn't work, whereas it might still charge?

You're reading into it too much. (the 920's NFC area is in the middle-top ish)

that recommended phones section is merely potential phones that can be used with that accessory.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a 930 with a Incipio dualpro case on a Nokia DT-903 charger...actually I have one at home and one at the office and have no issues in charging the 930. It's a great setup.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a 930 with a Incipio dualpro case on a Nokia DT-903 charger...actually I have one at home and one at the office and have no issues in charging the 930. It's a great setup.

Thank you so much! Was having a hard time deciding whether to chance it. Did not want to change cases since the DualPro is perfect for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05