Unlocked VS. International version Unlocked?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I live in the US and thinking about buying a 930. I am on T-Mobile and I am aware that Twill not have LTE with this device. What I'm wondering, however, is if there is a difference between an unlocked and international version? In the US do I need the international only? Any help would he appreciated.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So I live in the US and thinking about buying a 930. I am on T-Mobile and I am aware that Twill not have LTE with this device. What I'm wondering, however, is if there is a difference between an unlocked and international version? In the US do I need the international only? Any help would he appreciated.

Any unlocked Lumia 930 is probably the international version.

Your best bet is to buy it on B&H via their website. The Lumias they have are generally US LTE ready. Including the 1520.3 and Lumia 830, etc

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Any unlocked Lumia 930 is probably the international version.

Your best bet is to buy it on B&H via their website. The Lumias they have are generally US LTE ready. Including the 1520.3 and Lumia 830, etc

Please clarify. I thought they didn't make LTE capable 930'S for the US?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 620 from the US internationally unlocked and then had it shipped to my country by a relative. Been working great.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think you are asking the same question. International versions are locked to a carrier, or unlocked. I have heard of EE phones working on TMobile w/o being unlocked, but I haven't seen it in person, so I can't confirm.

An unlocked 930 will have come from overseas. There is not a US variant. Also, it will not have LTE - B&H photo does not have some magic switch that no one else has that will make a 930 have LTE.

I bought an unlocked 930 from Europe, which turned out to be an HK variant. I use AT&T, and do not get LTE.

A cheaper alternative for you though may be to be an Icon. It will say Verizon on it, but it can be used on TMobile out of the box. An Icon in the US will cost a whole lot less than a 930.

On AT&T, Icons won't receive MMS. You'll have to check the Icon section, but I believe that folks there said they were able to do that with TMobile. It will also not receive LTE, but those are more available, cheaper, and the same phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb