Denim and windows phone 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Will it be possible to install Windows phone 10 on my L930 (when its available in February i think) before i get the Denim update?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you read the article's here at all? Windows 10 will be available for all current windows phone 8 / 8.1, now getting it through the carrier is entirely different.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We're assuming for now that firmware is still separate to the operating system (PfD for WP8.x didn't care what firmware you had), so you should be able to install W10 on any firmware. Obviously, some OS features may depend on hardware or firmware.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
i meant to say the preview version. so many arrogant , rude people on here

Dear Sir,
Could a reason for that also be because a very obvious question was asked. Which not had to be ask if an article was read in WC.
And that the question also contained a important mistake.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"dear sir". Don't you patronize me. How do you know if I read the article or not?

Sorry, but please understand that you appeared to be one of the countless that come around whenever a new update is announced and repeatedly ask the same questions over and over.

"When Cyan 520 INDIAA??"
"WHEN WINDOWS 10 ON 730"
"WILL mY 930 GET DENIM"
"WHEN UK 930 WIN10??????"

it bothers some people when so many people do so, and especially when those will be answered in 30 seconds had one searched.

But for you, (which isn't so easily found, but seems like it) Denim is not a prerequisite for Windows 10. Previously on the Preview for Developers program, one could obtain new OSes without the corresponding firmware. I ran Lumia Black with 8.1 before. I'm running Cyan with 8.1 Update. My friend runs Lumia Black with 8.1, etc.

You'll be able to get it "out-of-order" although both the OS (8.1) and firmware (Cyan for example) are somewhat independent entities that happen to just be served together. Using one without the other will work. May not work as well as it would, but it still works OK.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
so it seems this site is only for those who have nothing better to do with their lives and follow the latest news about mobile phones. i have a life outside wp central. i visit most days to read about the latest news that i need to know, which sometimes i do not understand. i ask one simple question and it gets out of hand by people being rude, arrogant and sarcastic. most of the people on here will know a lot more about technology than me. i know you are the minority because most people are helpful to give advice and not grief. and as for you xandros 9, i know that denim is not part of windows 10. i asked the question because like most people in the UK who have the 1520 and 930 are still waiting for the denim update so it seems likely i could have windows 10 preview before i get denim.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sportex - I am anxious to see someone try WP10, but I'm afraid to be first. So, if you try it please report back.

ha ha i will do gordonfink but you might be better asking someone who knows what there talking about. coincidence or what but ive just installed denim this very minute

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I expect more out of you ambassadors. this man ask a valid question. does he need Denim to get window 10? , now I know it in somewhere in this vast forum, and it could take hours to weed though and finding the answer.
sometime it just easer to ask for help.
As for the ambassadors on this site that have thousands of post, I understand your frustration , reading the same question or problem over and over and over, again , but that's no excuse , you should be directing him where he need to go., or shut the f-up, don't insulting the man, and have a little respect for the people that support this forum. or get out.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
ha ha i will do gordonfink but you might be better asking someone who knows what there talking about. coincidence or what but ive just installed denim this very minute

Hey, someone's gotta go first, and I'm a scaredy cat. You'll like the Denim update, I think.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
so it seems this site is only for those who have nothing better to do with their lives and follow the latest news about mobile phones. i have a life outside wp central. i visit most days to read about the latest news that i need to know, which sometimes i do not understand. i ask one simple question and it gets out of hand by people being rude, arrogant and sarcastic. most of the people on here will know a lot more about technology than me. i know you are the minority because most people are helpful to give advice and not grief. and as for you xandros 9, i know that denim is not part of windows 10. i asked the question because like most people in the UK who have the 1520 and 930 are still waiting for the denim update so it seems likely i could have windows 10 preview before i get denim.

The time it took to wrote these posts you could have easily learned all you needed to know without asking.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
i meant to say the preview version. so many arrogant , rude people on here

Dear Sportex (not patronizing in any way :smile:) you are right, many of us became ambassadors, because of our passion for this platform, which obviously translates to knowing everything we can about it :) As someone pointed out our first job is to help those that need help and from what I've read, that's exactly what my fellow ambassadors tried to do. Our answers are sometimes short, explicit and straight to the point, but that doesn't mean that we did not want to help (Forgive me, I might be a bit biased considering my position). Nonetheless if you still feel wronged then I will apologize on the team's behalf :)

We hope you stay in the community and contribute as best as you can

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dear Sportex (not patronizing in any way :smile:) you are right, many of us became ambassadors, because of our passion for this platform, which obviously translates to knowing everything we can about it :) As someone pointed out our first job is to help those that need help and from what I've read, that's exactly what my fellow ambassadors tried to do. Our answers are sometimes short, explicit and straight to the point, but that doesn't mean that we did not want to help (Forgive me, I might be a bit biased considering my position). Nonetheless if you still feel wronged then I will apologize on the team's behalf :)

We hope you stay in the community and contribute as best as you can

Hi, apology accepted, its a shame xandros9 and mjr2 don't have the decency to apologise tho. There is no way certain individuals on this site should get away with talking down to people and make them feel stupid and i, myself was very angry the way they answered my questions. Its ok for them to do it when they are probably thousands of miles away but would they say it to me personally, i don't think they would.

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow this thread is amazing.
Not beeing a mind reader but still trying to give information = beeing arrogant and rude
Trying to inform OP why he got the reply's he did = patronizing
Continues to "out" the members of this forum as having no life, unlike himself. Yet everyone else is rude, arrogant and harrasing him.

I clicked the thread 3 times thinking it could be an interesting read.

"ButtHurt" - An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion