Should I buy 930 now?

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Can't decide whether I should buy Nokia Lumia 930 now or just wait until March. I have 1020 and I am tired of it. Very Low earpiece volume, fixed twice, no change at all. And it is slow as 🐌 😪 Costs 400 $ now here in Denmark, which is really good price.

I have read it has some hardware issues. Is it a good idea or should I just wait? P.s! Will buy a new flagship no matter what 😊 My mom would get 930 (if I buy it).

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I recommend you to buy it, it has the latest and greatest, except glance and SD card, but I'm sure you can deal with it + Windows 10 will be available for all 8.x devices, so you'll have the latest ;)

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know... I would wait. Microsoft announced a flagship phone would be released later on. Not that there's anything wrong with the 930, it's the fact that there will be possibly a better phone coming out in a few months. Besides, if your willing to spend $400, Microsoft doesn't really go beyond that price point. So if a new phone comes out at the same price, I would wait.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I got one a month ago, and am I happy I did. I'm sure a new flagship will be the end-all be-all of mobile phones, and I'll cry at night knowing I don't have it.

Or not. The 930 is a heck of a phone. Regardless of what happens with flagships, I can see being with this phone at least a year - maybe more.

It is just that good.

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for replying 😉 I think I am going to buy one next week. Just not sure about the color 😖 Love yellow, my 1020 is yellow, my 1520 was yellow... Green is not me 😖

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Would love to, but not sure it will be available here in Denmark. Importing from another country not something I would risk again. Bad experience in the past 😖

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 930 in black - it's absolutely gorgeous with the black metal surround. I had a 930 last year, a white one, and sold it to buy into Android - a move I regretted. I went back to my old 920 and realised what I had been missing. The camera lets the 920 down now though. Thought about an 830 and had a look at what I thought was a black 830 in a local phone shop. There was me thinking 'Ooo, it's slimmer than the 930, looks very nice' and the assistant said 'that's a 930 you're looking at', lol. The black makes it look completely different - less of a three-layer slab like the coloured models. With a bright red theme it looks positively sumptuous!

I have Denim on mine now and it is amazing - so much better than my original 930 it's like a completely different phone.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That's why I think this phone will last awhile. The hardware can handle the firmware/OS upgrades that are coming, which will make this feel like a whole new phone in 6 months when WP10 is rolled out.

Then, it will last awhile after that. It just doesn't seem like you'll feel that's it's lacking.

Vaclav Dajbych

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
When Nokia is an American company now we have to get used to new phones are in Europe 6 months after US. I guess new flagship will be presented in May. It might be on US market in fall and in Europe in late 2015 or early 2016. It depends how long you are ready to wait, but I think in electronics does not make sence to wait more than 3 months.

This is area in Microsoft can improve. Anybody do not know when new device will be ready and when it is announced, nobody knows when it will be available (outside US).

mohsen_tavakolinia

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
i wanna buy 930,please tell me your experience after denim update,overheating problem is still the same?or denim update fixed that?pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
i wanna buy 930,please tell me your experience after denim update,overheating problem is still the same?or denim update fixed that?pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't have any problems with overheating in my L930. Only time I've noticed it being a bit warm is right after update to denim. After a couple of hours the heating stopped so I guess it was just some indexing or something similar going on after update. The aluminium frame gets warm when processor is used intensively but that what is supposed to do anyways as it acts as a heatsink. It of course feels warmer than plastic but it never really got hot.

mohsen_tavakolinia

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any problems with overheating in my L930. Only time I've noticed it being a bit warm is right after update to denim. After a couple of hours the heating stopped so I guess it was just some indexing or something similar going on after update. The aluminium frame gets warm when processor is used intensively but that what is supposed to do anyways as it acts as a heatsink. It of course feels warmer than plastic but it never really got hot.
good experience,so your phone got hot only during the update,it s a good news for me

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it can get a little warm but less so than other phones I have used. My old iPhone used to get warm as did my LG G3 - in fact that phone got much hotter than the 930.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss