Should I buy 930 now?

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, get one now. Prices are coming down nicely and the L930 is a great handset. The screen alone is worth the ticket. If you spend your life waiting for 'the next flagship' you will always be waiting (and spending plenty of extra $$ for that 'new' feeling). The chipset in the L930 is now a generation out of date but the benchmarks are not that far apart (if that stuff even matters to the average user). I just purchase a mint L930 in green for ?190 and could not be happier.

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, just broke the sim pins in my Nokia Lumia 1020 :-( (sim adapter got stuck, again) so I ordered 930. Black, because my mom will get it as soon as I buy a new flagship, and she loves black phones :) It's on the way. Looking forward to playing with it!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Just buy one. I love it :) Don't even miss the SD card slot, just upload to Onedrive eerytime i turn on wifi and that's it :grin:

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a 930 about a week ago and am very glad I did. Everything about it looks, feels and performs "flagship". On Denim speed is great, camera is fantastic. I for one don't think there will be a newer Win 10 Flagship out soon. At the earliest September and buying it outright will be expensive for a while after that. The specs of the 930 will be able to handle any new OS.

No overheating problems and with OneDrive the 32 GB are more than enough for me. I've been loading it up with programs to use and try and still have 23.8 GB left.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I received mine late Tuesday and have been on it literally all day. On it right now. No overheating issue here at all. The only time it was even warm was when I was loading everything and that's to be expected.

I've owned almost every WP and this thing just might be the best....seriously. I got a orange Hong Kong variant but running Denim on TMO here in US. Gave up my 1020 that I wasn't in love with. Best decision ever!

I was skeptical about the orange at first but it rocks! I don't get why sine have died this phone. It's the perfect balance between the two icons... The 1520 and the 920. Simply beautiful!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I just took the dive again. I'm really tired of the LG g3.... Not because of the hardware, because it's awesome. But rather because it is sooooooo boring! I need something new! Going back to Windows phone ^_^

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol! That's exactly what I did. I had a G3 and it is a nice phone, but I always loved Windows Phone so decided to sell the G3 and bought a black 930.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol! That's exactly what I did. I had a G3 and it is a nice phone, but I always loved Windows Phone so decided to sell the G3 and bought a black 930.

I got myself a green one :) hehe. I had a white one last time, and I was thinking about getting it in white again, but then I saw that Amazon had taken it down because of issues from people returning it. So I got a green one imported from Amazon from another country! Hopefully this time it won't overheat ^.^ I can't wait for it to come, so I can send my G3 back!

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When Nokia is an American company now we have to get used to new phones are in Europe 6 months after US. I guess new flagship will be presented in May. It might be on US market in fall and in Europe in late 2015 or early 2016. It depends how long you are ready to wait, but I think in electronics does not make sence to wait more than 3 months.

This is area in Microsoft can improve. Anybody do not know when new device will be ready and when it is announced, nobody knows when it will be available (outside US).

Nokia is not an American company.

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
He meant that it's an American company, now that Microsoft owns Nokia.
Nokia is a Finnish communications and information technology company.
Nokia sold ONLY it's mobile phone business to Microsoft. Microsoft does not own Nokia.
Please educate yourself.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Nokia is a Finnish communications and information technology company.
Nokia sold ONLY it's mobile phone business to Microsoft. Microsoft does not own Nokia.
Please educate yourself.

Wow. You got all that from Wikipedia. Good for you.
I know it's a Finnish company. I was just telling you what he meant by that.

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You got all that from Wikipedia. Good for you.
I know it's a Finnish company. I was just telling you what he meant by that.

I do not need to use Wikipedia to know basic stuff about Nokia.
I was just telling you that his (and yours) meaning is wrong.

flowi

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I know several people have already answered to this one but just ordered one, should get it tomorrow. Lost my L920 that had served me a good 2+ years (got it right when it was available) so went with the obvious upgrade.

About the new flagship, yes, that could be announced at the Build again but it probably won't be available until July/August so not gonna wait that far, and since I managed just fine with the 920 this long, I'm sure the 930 will serve me well for the next 2 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre