Denim Installed - Slow Rotation

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It'll be appreciated if you pop back after a little while and let us know if it's still fixed.
I'm trying to hold off the reset root.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue too after updating last night. UK EE. Don't really want to hard reset, as I have done too many of them with my old 920 that would always screw up with spinning gears etc. The update went great last night for once. Hoping for another fix

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

lethalfriend

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
OIS issue is different than the rotation. Rotation was working fine before and even now. Maybe it'll come to me as well but for now things are ok.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know they're different, I was just asking if it had happened since Denim or not.

Easy check for rotation problem, launch the app rotate from portrait to landscape a number of times. If you've got it you'll notice it get slower at rotating.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Probably alright then. To be fair I've not come across many with the problem so have no idea what's causing it for those like me.

ajftl

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Having same issue here. Got me a gold edition and rotation is show as ****. I uninstalled the lumia camera rebooted and rotation is fine. Installed lumia camera and rotation is slow again. Very annoying. I even updated to latest PFD and didn't help.

Roy Khoh

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Just installed Lumia Denim on my 930 last night. Australian Country Variant. Latest Preview For Developers OS version.
I've found this slow auto rotate is not limited to the new Lumia Camera, also happens with Coach's Eye when it uses the camera features. Yet, the old Lumia Camera Classic does not affect (cause) the slow auto rotate.

Those who have done a factory reset, or what not, can you test after all your normal/typical apps are installed ... and especially try any apps that use the camera interface/API.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
As I'd said in a previous post I'd only found Lumia camera 5 to be the culprit but after using it it would effect anything where screen rotation was required.
It made playing games where rotating and twisting the screen is the control method impossible.

I'd tried uninstalling, which didn't help once the app was installed again. Switching off and on would fix it untill using the camera again.

A factory reset seems to have fixed the problem, been 3 days I've hammered the camera app and other apps and not had it happen since.

Roy Khoh

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for trying other camera apps, Rick.

Yes, I tried many of my other camera apps also... Pro Shot Camera, Office Lens, ... can't remember them all now because I deleted them one by one to test if there were any conflicts of apps.

Only Lumia Camera 5 and Coach's Eye were the only apps I found to instigate the slow 4 second delayed auto-rotate; and yes, everything else is affected once the problem arises. Only a restart of the phone seems to restore normal rotate functionality again.

So, to think an update to Lumia Camera 5 to fix it may be hopeful, considering that at least one other app using the Denim OTA update also exhibits the same behaviour.

I don't really want to do a factory reset, you lose all pictures and videos (and saved games) that aren't backed up in "the cloud", right? Last time I did something like this, was upgrading from 925 to 930, and some of my purchased music weren't available anymore.

Still early days, hopefully there's some form of update of app/firmware that might resolve this.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I didn't want to reset either. I copied my photos to pc first to copy straight back on and my apps all (so far) seem fine.
It was a lot smoother restoring from the same 930 though due to all the software being the same version etc as I too had a few problems when restoring from my 925 to my new 930.

I did loose my twitter app of choice due to it being discontinued and my hardly used snap chat client.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss