Is it possible to get a headphone boost?

adz63

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to get a headphone boost

Im new to windows phone . love it so far but the headphone volume is the worst ever.

is there a way to boost it ??

coming from android i could edit the headphone profile xml on all my previous devices , can it be done on here ??

also is root possible on this device

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is it possible to get a headphone boost

As far as I know that kind of tweaking is impossible on WP. Rooting is definitely impossible.
I'm surprised at your complaint though, I don't very often listen to music, but when I do I never feel the need to set the volume higher than 12/30 on my 830 (the quiet start of some pieces of classical music excepted). Same for videos, in fact, I find 30/30 to be downright deafening.

adz63

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

30/30 on my device is awful for headphones. even changing the eq settings makes no difference .

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

It entirely depends on the resistance of the headphones attached. Comparing numbers without this info is meaningless. OP, the output from these phones is fine for normal usage. If you have a high ohm set, you should be using an in-line amp.

adz63

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

using beats studio

never have i had such low volume on any device

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I keep my volume at 20 with my earpods.. 25 too loud.. 30 blows my head! No problem on my 520 and 1020

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I stay within the 20-25 range, no need to go higher, I use Samsung galaxy in ear headphones.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Ear buds typically use less power than over the ear headphones. And the more efficient the less power needed to drive the devices. The beats are probably just not that efficient. If it is an issue and you like the phone youre only option would be to get a headphone pre-amp

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I think the problem is when you plug into external speakers, like the aux in your car or desktop speakers, I find using a set of decent headphones 🎧 the volume is more than adequate, but plugging into the aux in the car 🚗 it's much less volume output than my iPhone 5s or android htc one, perhaps the Nokia reads the type of connection and adjusts the level accordingly.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Using a pair of Beats Headphones I also noticed a drop in volume on my 930.

But unfortunately I only have the HTC 8X to compare with, and this had Beats built-in.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

In the settings go to audio. There you can use the equalizer and adjust it to your needs. It only works when you have a headset plugged in.

I don't think that your phone has the problem, but the headset you use. This advice I gave you will definitely help you.

adz63

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

tried equalizer settings , does nothing really .

what audio chip is in the 930???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss