How to copy all iCloud contacts to People?

BullGuard8

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have 0 contacts in people and all my contacts (500) are in my iCloud account which I've linked.

Is there a way to copy all of them in one shot to People?

Exporting them as a VCF in iCloud via the web didn't work as the fields would be marked errenously, like the emails would have %%%%#$# in them and so..... and the numbers are all in wrong fields...

hotraia

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Sync the contacts to an email and then sign in on your Lumia then go to people then put the email contacts as showing

BullGuard8

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Sync the contacts to an email and then sign in on your Lumia then go to people then put the email contacts as showing

I don't wanna sync them to any email contact. I want to have them on People (ie. contacts for Windows Phone)

I just wanna copy the iCloud contacts to the Phone Contacts then get rid of iCloud altogether

BullGuard8

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what you did but did you use below method.
How to import or export iCloud contacts to Microsoft Outlook? | Topalt.com
As Microsoft outlook you use the Microsoft account you have on your phone.

And "People" are actual the "contacts" in the (outlook) Ms account.
that sounds great but I have a concern.

My Microsoft account is actually registered with an @aol.com email.

`So If I use that application to convert the VCF file into Microsoft Outlook, the contacts will say (on this computer only) and won't be online.

Now online, it only accepts CSV format. I tried a VCF to CSV converted but then the fields don't tally and I got the gibberish %%% instead of the email fields on all contacts who don't have an email and the phone number fields weren't right :(

please help me

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You should login with your @aol.com at https://login.live.com/login and use your password which you use on your phone.

My account is registered with a @kpnplanet.nl but if I login at live.com I can see and edit my "phone" contacts on my pc

And than do the import.

BullGuard8

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
You should login with your @aol.com at https://login.live.com/login and use your password which you use on your phone.

My account is registered with a @kpnplanet.nl but if I login at live.com I can see and edit my "phone" contacts on my pc

And than do the import.

Yes I know, but theres the problem, if I import, it wants a CSV file not a VCF file! If I convert my VCF to CSV the fields are messed up and the emails fields which are blank appear as gibberish %%%%%%

This is the site I used to convert VCF to CSV, it sucks ***:

Online vCard Converter

BullGuard8

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
So you need a better converter I guess.
Did you try this Import vCard to Outlook, Export Outlook Contacts to vCard | Topalt.com

It says it has a free trail period or does it only work if you get the paid version?

Tried that, doesn't work at all:

I purchased a license to be able to import all my contacts which are in a single VCF file format into Outlook 2013 but that didn't work. So I split the contacts from a single VCF file to multiple VCF files but instead of having each contact with its proper name, the contacts were all named contact.XXX ( where XXX is a number) which is a joke! Then I tried importing all my contacts (separate VCF files) which I had earlier and are about 500 contacts. I chose the folder of contacts in my Outlook 2013 then choose the folder which contains the VCF files then hit next, it said it imported 84 contacts only out of the 500! Even those 84 contacts were nowhere to be seen in Outlook! I have wasted an hour trying every possible method to no avail. I've requested a refund and filed a PayPal dispute

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I managed to convert around 100 contacts I had from iCloud to Outlook, by using a good (payed) App on the iPhone. Only problem is, that I don't know which App it was anymore....
If only Apple would be as smart as Windows and would have had the possibility the "try" an app, before you have to buy it! hahaha, but you know, "we are Apple, and we are the best".....

But the App successfully converted my iCloud contacts in my iPhone, to an CSV file, which I then could import in windows live mail on my Windows 7 PC, and then it automatically synced to my outlook contacts (People)....

Look further, it must be available in the App store!

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, if u still have ur iPhone, try installing AllSync (payed app but just a few bucks). With it u can sync ur contacts to GMail, Hotmail, and FB. When u have done that, on ur WP device make an account and try to sync.
There is another workaround: login to ur Hotmail acc on ur phone (Microsoft acc), and then make an iCloud acc (available), and it should sync all the contacts to ur phone.
Please give some reposrt if one of these techniques worked 4 u.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6