02-02-2015 08:07 AM
35 12
tools
    Thank you! I live in Tirana, Albania.
    01-31-2015 03:26 PM
    So someone earlier said that Microsoft Macedonia should be the one to contact and he's right, Microsoft Macedonia is in charge of Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo, so they'll probably replace your 930 with a retail one if you ask them.

Microsoft d.o.o.e.l. Skopje
    Blvd. Partizanski Odredi No.62, Lamela C, vlez 1- Mezanin, local 3
    1000 Skopje
    FYRO Macedonia

Support line phone: +389 2 3090 890

Unfortunately I couldn't find their e-mail though since all I got was their legal department e-mail.

Also I don't read Albanian so I can't tell how Macedonia is spelt when looking it up on here: Change Locale - Microsoft - Global usually all you do is select your country or in this case Macedonia and I believe it'll ask for the phone manufacturer which you select Nokia and then it'll ask which model once you selected the model scroll all the way down until you see Contact Us or something like that then it'll give you either a Live Chat option or Phone Number.
    TechFreak1, belodion and edid like this.
    01-31-2015 03:46 PM
    I'll try and contact the number for the support line on Monday. Thank you very much for your help.
    As for the link you gave, Albania and Macedonia speak different languages, but I can almost assure there isn't any Albanian or Macedonian in there.
    You can see here Way Finder - Nokia that neither Albania or Macedonia are in the European countries with representative offices.
    01-31-2015 04:02 PM
    GordonFink is correct. I wouldn't do anything with that 930 but package it back up and contact Paypal.
    02-01-2015 12:25 AM
    edid: This is where I got it from:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=RekXfF9Z

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    edid likes this.
    02-01-2015 07:08 AM
    I would contact eBay by phone (they are typically more helpful when you speak to a person) and explain your situation. If the item you received doesn't match the seller's description you are entitled to a full refund via the Buyer Protection Program.
    edid likes this.
    02-01-2015 01:01 PM
    Am an ex-Nokia employee. This device is a prototype device. It is registered to Nokia/Microsoft and shouldn't be legally sold out to any individual. This device is not even supposed to bring into public's eyes. This must be a stolen device for sure. You should be able to update software's, but the hardware might be the same as production version or few parts might be older test device as it is not the final product. Also you wont get warranty for this device anywhere in the world. Sorry, didn't have time to read other's comment, not sure if someone already guided you better. Try to contact Microsoft reporting the same as you can avoid legal issues (if any) in future. Also report to Ebay about the same mentioning the seller. Not threatening, if Microsoft/Nokia come to know this, they might be able take legal actions as per law as it is a stolen prototype.
    TechFreak1 and edid like this.
    02-01-2015 03:00 PM
    If you contacted seller through eBay, your concern has already been documented. Regardless, you need to contact eBay IMMEDIATELY, because "Not for Resale" means that the seller misrepresented your purchase & eBay should help you obtain a refund!
    edid likes this.
    02-01-2015 05:28 PM
    I did tried to contact Microsoft but apparently this is more easy said than done. I've talked to a lot of care/help chat lines but they all keep me redirecting to each other and no ones gives me a real answer. Anyway finally the seller responded and he agreed to get the item back and give me a refund.
    Thank you to all of you that took the time to help with your opinions! Wish you all a great day!
    02-02-2015 04:08 AM
    This is the best thing that seller is willing to refund. Otherwise, this would have been a great hassle. Best of luck for your future purchase.
    02-02-2015 08:07 AM
35 12