930 won't charge *** Urgent Please help ***

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Bought just a few months back and since yesterday night the phone just wouldn't charge. I don't have the wireless charger so can't try that way.
I tried charging both through wall charger and through usb cable.

The windows home icon flashes for sometime. When I hit the power button on/off the NOKIA letters come up and then the battery charging icon with a red bar comes on. I have plugged the phone in wall charger overnight but it still didn't charge.

I have tried pressing power and volume down button but to no avail. I am so dejected - I spent like $500+ for this phone and it won't probably be covered by warranty because this is the 930 bought unlocked in a local US shop!

Any ideas or thoughts please? If I have to to open the phone, I will but want to check out other avenues. Hopefully there is some workaround this.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Please try to use another charger maybe the one you have is damaged. If your Lumia has defects then they are obliged to take it back for service or replacement. The warranty doesn't depend on being unlocked or with carrier.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you plug the USB into a computer / tablet ? IF the answer is NOTHING on the phone (or other device) it's possible the cable is BAD.
You can take it back to the shop you bought it from & see what they say. They may be able to troubleshoot it for you (or RMA it) - other than that, it'll probably require service

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Please try to use another charger maybe the one you have is damaged. If your Lumia has defects then they are obliged to take it back for service or replacement. The warranty doesn't depend on being unlocked or with carrier.

It does, however, depend on where you are ...
International versions purchased for US use, typically the warranty is NOT valid ! (it's explicitly stated in terms & conditions of that device) That's why after-market warranties are typically offered.

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Cable is fine because other family windows phones are charging. When connected to the computer, same symptoms the icon for charging comes up.

One thing though is I installed Spotify and Microsoft Gesture yesterday. Not sure if that could have caused.

Interesting thing is that it did boot upto home screen in between my original post and this one, but then went back again to the charging icon. I have now connected it to a different charger ... let's see. If it reboots I am going to delete gesture to begin with. Also since past two days I am getting a message for update available ... could be that it got hung in update process? Hoping for the best.

Yes I do know I took a risk. I wanted the Nokia Icon and T-Mobile doesn't offer it.

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
update - I hooked it to my mother's Lumia 530 charger and guess what happens? The phone reset itself! I lost videos (everything else was backed up). Not sure what is going on ... still think it was the Gesture App because phone was overheating and battery was draining very fast after I installed.

Whatever it is ... apart from videos lost and a whole day (and more as I have reinstall apps) I believe phone is fully functional.

If it was the other charger not sure what is going on with it - we use to charge every windows phone and even kindles on that charger!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
update - I hooked it to my mother's Lumia 530 charger and guess what happens? The phone reset itself! I lost videos (everything else was backed up). Not sure what is going on ... still think it was the Gesture App because phone was overheating and battery was draining very fast after I installed.

Whatever it is ... apart from videos lost and a whole day (and more as I have reinstall apps) I believe phone is fully functional.

If it was the other charger not sure what is going on with it - we use to charge every windows phone and even kindles on that charger!

IF it was the Lumia 930 charger = dunno ...

BUT, if it wasn't the charger included with the Lumia 930, I'd be switching - I seem to remember, something was different - I'd try the charger (& cable) included w the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99