Thoughts on these 930's from eBay?

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm after a 930 for the upcoming W10 preview later this month and the only Windows Phone I have left is my 635 which isn't the greatest.

There are a hell of a lot of 930's on eBay advertised as 'upgrades from Nokia'. Now its obvious these are refurbs from the brown box packaging and I've generally not got much of a problem with refurbs but the amount of these that people seem to be selling on eBay seems very strange!

Here is an example of one such listing: Nokia Lumia 930 (Latest Model) - 32 GB - Black (Unlocked) | eBay

What does everyone think about these?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, they're not lying. It's an upgrade in the sense that hopefully it isn't broken xD haha.

I have only ever bought one phone from eBay. Bad experience. For that kind of money, I'd rather just get a new one. Check out the price it costs in Spain Amazon.es: nokia lumia 930

I'd rather spend a few more euros and get it new. Also, CS from Amazon is infinitely better than eBay or some seller there. I'd rather not take chance. I have a LG g3, great phone, but Amazon is taking it bake 4 months after because of OS updates and lag... 4 months! Giving me 100% of my money back. Waiting for my 930 to arrive tomorrow in awesome green :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Pricing doesn't seem too bad to me. We could expect to pay about 30% more than that in the States for an unlocked 930. That particular seller has sold a boat load of them, and they all have positive feedback.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought one of those from here

I was expecting problems but was very pleased to receive a mint 930 the next day, still sealed in a brown Nokia box. Nothing wrong with it at all and a bargain price. Couldn't believe my luck!

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I got my mint L930 from ebay 3 weeks ago...no issues whatsoever. Lovely phone and for almost half retail. In fact I have bought nearly every handset I've owned over the last 3 years from ebay (1320, 1020, 925, 920, LG G2 and a HAM2) and never had an issue whilst saving a fortune. All from individuals rather than businesses (and good feedback over 100). Lucky I guess...

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought one of those from here

I was expecting problems but was very pleased to receive a mint 930 the next day, still sealed in a brown Nokia box. Nothing wrong with it at all and a bargain price. Couldn't believe my luck!

So you'd vouch for that seller then?

I only want one to play with the dev preview of Windows 10 as my daily driver is an iPhone 6. These seem ideal but its staggering how many of these 'upgrades' there are on eBay (there must be over 100 of them)!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Wish some of those people shipped to the US, but they all say UK only. Maybe I can convince one of them. Those are pretty good prices for over here.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So you'd vouch for that seller then?

I only want one to play with the dev preview of Windows 10 as my daily driver is an iPhone 6. These seem ideal but its staggering how many of these 'upgrades' there are on eBay (there must be over 100 of them)!

Yes, am very pleased indeed with my purchase. As I said the phone was sealed in a Nokia box and was clearly brand new and unused. I imagine MS/Nokia would offer a warranty given that the 930 was only released in August 2014. The seller I bought from has excellent feedback too.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb