[L930] Is there any need for anti-virus?

Jessie Henwood

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I've owned a Nokia Lumia 930 since July 2014 and I'm wondering if a anti-virus program is needed and if so where could I download one from as I cant find one on the windows store.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is very secure.
No antivirus is needed simply because there are no viruses to protect against.

There are no legitimate ones (ones that function like on a PC) in the Store because of technical limitations as well as the utter lack of a market.

Just enjoy your phone.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope, Virus in WP is simply non existent and thus there's no need for one.
If u see any app claiming to be antivirus in store then its usually fake.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
But surely, for a peace of mind, there is one???

Absolutely no need. There is no need on Android either unless you have rooted your phone AND sideloading hacked APKs! Mobile operating systems are quite different than home desktop computer. But don't worry, getting a virus on WP is impossible without some super hacking and your actual phone. I'm not even sure if hacking the WP OS has been done yet! haha. So you're VERY safe with WP.

Another story is if you use an app that will try to get a copy of all of your contacts, or calendar, or things like that. That's not a virus: it's malware! I don't know if it exists on WP, but it exists on every other OS. But once again, you need to physically download it and accept it to do so. Still, very safe :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss