Nokia Lumia 930 screen flickering / fluttering / jumping / blinking issue

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had a email conversation with a support employee of Microsoft. It seems like they're working to fix the issue. That's the answer I got yesterday:

"Hi XXXX,

My name is Riley with Xbox Global Escalation Support. I have looked into this a bit more and want to share what I was able to find.

Looking into the case notes, I found that you are encountering a known issue for which our engineers are currently working on determining a fix.

At this time, I am looking to get an estimated timeframe as to when a resolution will be deployed. Please be assured that your case is important and I will make every attempt to provide you with an update and/or resolution as quickly as I am able.

I will follow up with you in a few days to let you know if I have heard anything. If you have any questions in the meantime regarding this issue, please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to getting this resolved! Expect to hear from me soon.

Sincerely,

Riley H.
Escalation Analyst
Global Escalation Support"

PsyOr

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Good to know they are working on it.
Hope they'll find a fix, not as Google's Android bugs (on their fooking Nexus device) that never fix or even care about.

Thanks for sharing mate! Please update if you got any news.

Last edited:

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a email conversation with a support employee of Microsoft. It seems like they're working to fix the issue. That's the answer I got yesterday:

"Hi XXXX,

My name is Riley with Xbox Global Escalation Support. I have looked into this a bit more and want to share what I was able to find.

Looking into the case notes, I found that you are encountering a known issue for which our engineers are currently working on determining a fix.

At this time, I am looking to get an estimated timeframe as to when a resolution will be deployed. Please be assured that your case is important and I will make every attempt to provide you with an update and/or resolution as quickly as I am able.

I will follow up with you in a few days to let you know if I have heard anything. If you have any questions in the meantime regarding this issue, please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to getting this resolved! Expect to hear from me soon.

Sincerely,

Riley H.
Escalation Analyst

He says he's to do with Xbox though?

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
He says he's to do with Xbox though?

I think that the xbox support is responsible for both xbox and Windows Phone and that there's no seperate Windows Phone support. We've had a longer conversation then just one e-mail, he first gave me some Basic instructions.

After I've done that, I wrote him that nothing has changed and I think that he inquired at the section responsible for phone updates/fixes, because it actually took some time until he wrote this e-mail.

PsyOr

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I just use the microsoft live chat (UK) and ask them a few questions about any minor update and about this specific issue, if the team knows about it and working for a fix of it.
They said that there have been not reported issue about this one. (pretty weird)
Anyway they'll pass it to the team for 'invastigation', also I mention this specific forum and topics about this issue around the net, that probably casued by the last update (Denim).

I guess we all need to report this bug (customer support, live chat, whatever...), if this issue still not a "well known" by customer support team then we'll get WP10 and the bug will persist! I bet they won't back to the desk that fast to fix this "little" issue after the big wp10 update.

BTW - anyone knows if this issue is only on 930's or other devices too?

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

"Hi XXXX,

Sincerely,

Riley H.
Escalation Analyst
Keep us informed
Thank you

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I just use the microsoft live chat (UK) and ask them a few questions about any minor update and about this specific issue, if the team knows about it and working for a fix of it.
They said that there have been not reported issue about this one. (pretty weird)
Anyway they'll pass it to the team for 'invastigation', also I mention this specific forum and topics about this issue around the net, that probably casued by the last update (Denim).

I guess we all need to report this bug (customer support, live chat, whatever...), if this issue still not a "well known" by customer support team then we'll get WP10 and the bug will persist! I bet they won't back to the desk that fast to fix this "little" issue after the big wp10 update.

BTW - anyone knows if this issue is only on 930's or other devices too?

People on the Nokia support forums say that Lumia 830 is affected too.

sritejeranti95

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Display issues which I face on my 930 are pretty similar.
1) Slight flickr when scrolling the screen.
2) Millisecond blinking of display (becomes black)
3) Green and purple tints usually appear for few seconds and then the normal colour is retained. (especially before unlocking).

I did think of giving my phone for repair, but the Nokia care men said that the device is only like that, nothing can be done.

I also checked out my friend's 930, his phone too had slight flickr. I don't think its an hardware defect because many phones have the same problem.
May be, the display itself is like that or it might have some software bug.
Have to wait and see how MS responds.

Btw my lumia 930 runs on denim in India.

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
In the german Mobile Community forum of Microsoft, a support member just answered in a thread about this issue.

The answer is: "Our developers were able to reproduce the issue. They're working on it and the issue will be fixed with the next major update."

So, the question that remains is: Will the next major update be Windows 10 or will it be earlier?

Last edited:

PsyOr

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
In the german Mobile Community forum of Microsoft, a support member just answered in a thread about this issue.

The answer is: "Out developers were able to reproduce the issue. They're working on it and the issue will be fixed with the next major update."

So, the question that remains is: Will the next major update be Windows 10 or will it be earlier?
Good news.
The next update will be version 10, as I was told by representative support (Microsoft UK), that another update before WP10 is not planned.

h_alexandre

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new here in the way that the Lumia 930 is my 1st WP.

Only to share that me too I'm experiencing the same problems (flickering, blinking, what ever) with the Lumia 930, and only after flashing the Denim version. Before, with Cyan version (just got the phone 1 week ago) the phone was just fine.

As many already stated here, me too I'm convinced that it is a Denim issue.

Jean Pierre2

May 18, 2015
Visit site
anon9059916 sorry but I think that what U say is not true, I'll talk with a person that know all stuff about Windows Phone 8.1 and he say's me that he don't know nothing about what U say. can you tell me if I'm wrong or right please?

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am in the UK, using H/W revision 2.0.0.3

I too have noticed the flickering. It must be S/W related, probably a 3rd party app being silly.... its annoying but one can live with it.

Bobbyware

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have two issues with the screen, juming during scrolling & blurred text when scrolling. Besides this, I love my 930, but this is quite annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett