What I love about my 930 (or other WP)

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So, we all know that 2015-2016 will be important years for WP. I feel that there's too much negativity about our platform and that we could use some morale lifting. So, I'd like to invite you to share the things you love best about your 930 (or any other WP, or WP as an OS in general). I have a 930, which is why I put the thread where I put it.

Here goes:

I love the design. The aluminum frame is always ice cold when I wake up in the morning, like the Terminator that's just taken a bath. Also,the sloping edges of the screen? Stunning. This thing is like a tank.

I love how slick WP8.1 is. This thing flies and even on my gran's 520, the experience is still really good.

I love the camera. My dad has an iPhone 6 and is in love with his camera, which I'll admit is very good. But as I often say to him: "THIS is PureView".

I love the live tiles approach. I like things to be square and neat, and I feel like WP 8.1 strikes a good balance between customization and uniformity.

I love Double Tap to Wake. It's a small feature that I really love. Sometimes, when I handle a friend's phone I purposefully double tap the screen even though I know it won't do anything and then mutter "Oh wait this thing can't do that *sigh*"

How about you guys? What do you love best about your 930, or other WP, or WP os?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I never owned a 930, but an HTC HD7, a Lumia 900, a Lumia 920, a Lumia 1020 and now a Lumia 1520. Furthermore there's a Lumia 925, another Lumia 920 and a Lumia 1320 in our household, that have replaced our old HTC Trophy and HTC Titan.
While all the HTCs looked rather generic, I always loved how those Nokias looked entirely different from all the other smartphones flooding the market. Most of them felt pretty premium.
What I like about Windows Phone is first off the homescreen. I prefer live tiles over static icons and widgets any flipping day. In my opinion it's a great symbiosis of aesthetics, information and functionality. I love the sheer speed of the OS, almost regardless of the specs of the device it's running on. And watching how WP, Windows and even the Xbox grow more and more together, I'm really looking forward to Windows 10.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So, we all know that 2015-2016 will be important years for WP. I feel that there's too much negativity about our platform and that we could use some morale lifting. So, I'd like to invite you to share the things you love best about your 930 (or any other WP, or WP as an OS in general). I have a 930, which is why I put the thread where I put it.

Here goes:

I love the design. The aluminum frame is always ice cold when I wake up in the morning, like the Terminator that's just taken a bath. Also,the sloping edges of the screen? Stunning. This thing is like a tank.

I love how slick WP8.1 is. This thing flies and even on my gran's 520, the experience is still really good.

I love the camera. My dad has an iPhone 6 and is in love with his camera, which I'll admit is very good. But as I often say to him: "THIS is PureView".

I love the live tiles approach. I like things to be square and neat, and I feel like WP 8.1 strikes a good balance between customization and uniformity.

I love Double Tap to Wake. It's a small feature that I really love. Sometimes, when I handle a friend's phone I purposefully double tap the screen even though I know it won't do anything and then mutter "Oh wait this thing can't do that *sigh*"

How about you guys? What do you love best about your 930, or other WP, or WP os?

I own a Lumia 930 and like all the points that you've mentioned in your post. About the sloping edge screen, it indeed looks good, but pose a serious threat. You can have a screen protector that would cover the entire screen. My Lumia 930 screen broke on 26th December. Thankfully I had insurance, but had to live without it for more than a month

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I love the build quality, the screen, the smoothness of the OS (so I guess this is true for the HTC M8 for Windows Phone as well). The camera is phenomenal... I really love the feel.

What I wish it had was better battery life as well as an SD card slot. These are the only two problems I have with the phone, but I knew these things before getting the phone. So no biggy. Notifications via the windows icon at the bottom (that would be so awesome). But I have the DT-903... So it's OK :) I get my notifications that way!

Windows Phone is an AWESOME OS. Nokia makes GREAT build quality and picked FANTASTIC cameras in their phones!

I'm going to miss my LG G3, but only because it has served me well. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb