Lumia camera 5 sucks

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Lumia camera 5 is useless.Algorithms are totally wrong.
Contrast is very high and colors are unrealistic.Rich capture does not give correct results.
This camera needs 2-3 updates

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
​Seriously? why do you say that? the 930 photos were a little bit flat before denim? did you lost details in shadows to say that is over contrasted? I agree that color is a little over saturated. I would like a image with the contrast and sharpness that I get now with Denim/LC5 but with option to saturate color.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
​Seriously? why do you say that? the 930 photos were a little bit flat before denim? did you lost details in shadows to say that is over contrasted? I agree that color is a little over saturated. I would like a image with the contrast and sharpness that I get now with Denim/LC5 but with option to saturate color.

Yes, there is actually a lot of detail lost in shadows because Denim/Lumia Camera 5 cranks up the contrast... It also completely messes up colors in a lot of situations. Basically, where before you could get really nice shots 75% of the time without having to edit a RAW file, now it's basically the other way around.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Rich capture isn't even supposed to give 100% realistic pictures. It's a way to use a different kinds of multiple exposures as an effect to bring out details in photos that doesn't show up otherwise. It's a nice feature once you get a hold on what it can and can not do.

I agree that those algorithms could use some fine tuning in some shooting scenes.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
​I don't use rich capture and for the point and shoot user this algorithms are more than perfect. is like if you have a Nikon, jpg is way satured an sarhp for non iditor user for the rest of us you have raw.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I agreee, this is such poor work. I feel that they wanna lean on the whole unnatural approach to photos like with Iphone and the whole pre-applied filter generation. Along the GDR2 update it made me not wanting a Lumia ever again (and i've had a lot). I felt sooo pissed.

- Focus is slow and off
- Artifacting in low-light situations
- Pictures don't always save
- You can see recent pictures in photos, unless you go in and out.
- Focus animation is weird and doesn't make things look easy, You constantly feel that focus is off.
- Rich capture is stupid and completely dumb. It takes between 3-10 seconds just to preview photos

Etc Etc

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre