"Unlocked" Lumia 930 needs a code??

DTeKDeV

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my Lumia 930 from amazon "unlocked" from a trusted retailer. When I put in ##7820# to test to see if its unlocked, it gives me a screen with a simcard with a locked lock in front of it. What's up? I thought the phone was supposed to be unlocked??

1zcn5fq.jpg

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you try to place a sim in?
And in Settings > extras+info > what is writen under Mobile Operator XXXXX

But if you can not use a sim card that you have to contact the seller on E-bay to change your phone.

Nicholas Lovan

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my Lumia 930 from amazon "unlocked" from a trusted retailer. When I put in ##7820# to test to see if its unlocked, it gives me a screen with a simcard with a locked lock in front of it. What's up? I thought the phone was supposed to be unlocked??

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1zcn5fq.jpg

It's unlocked, extras+info just sometimes assumes the SIM is locked due to a lack of info it could grab in time.

DTeKDeV

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I went to MetroPCS and inserted one of their SIM cards, but it didn't pick up. It's probably because the person inserted the SIM card without rebooting the phone. I told her " Did you reboot the phone when you inserted the SIM card?" She says "No, I don't have to. The signal should automatically pick up." I said "Okay" and left. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I remember talking to metroPCS agents on the phone and I always had to reboot my phone after taking out my SIM card. I would try to place a friends SIM card in, but their SIM cards are different than mine. I take nano.

My mobile operator reads "000-TH".

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My UK CV 930 does the exact same, its factory unlocked ,
so aslong as its working dont worry about what enter that code displayed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720