I got many problems

1- First, overheating problems came back.

2- can't take screenshots, only one in the folder but when I try to take a second screenshot, a message says (couldn't take screenshot). I deleted all folders I can in my phone but didn't solve the problem.

3- can't download a video from OneDrive to the phone.

4- can't backup anymore.

5- sometimes my accent color changes to steel from whatever I put.

6- notifications delays sometimes.

These all I can remember for not. Is it only me or some of you have some of mentioned problems?

How to fix without Hard reset?

I did soft reset many times with no luck.

Any idea?
    02-22-2015 12:40 AM
    There seem to be so many problems that I would just recommend hard resetting... There really isn't much you can do. It sounds like either faulty installation or faulty device. I'd rather imagine that it's just the software that's messed up!
    aximtreo, princeegli and ali80 like this.
    02-22-2015 02:46 AM
    had my 930 since last July and it has been unable to back up for some reason
    02-22-2015 03:30 AM
    I can't do hard reset & I'll have to wait ages for a fix update.
    02-22-2015 02:21 PM
    ali80: Why can't u do a hard reset? I know that I in the first place wouldn't like to do that, and setting back everything again from scratch, but if that would solve my problems, I wouldn't think twice.
    And for all those issues u wrote, I only get some heating up, but only when using the phone really heavily.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-22-2015 03:04 PM
    had my 930 since last July and it has been unable to back up for some reason
    You may have to delete the previous backup in order to backup your phone. You can do it in apps+settings. go to Manage Backups and delete that backup. Once it deletes, then hit "back up now." Your phone should now be able to back up correctly.
    gordonfink likes this.
    02-22-2015 07:55 PM
    Sorry mate, but hard reset is the obvious fix. After a freeze on the 1020, I had more or less the same symptoms. Hard reset fixed everything.
    02-23-2015 02:18 AM
    Sorry mate, but hard reset is the obvious fix. After a freeze on the 1020, I had more or less the same symptoms. Hard reset fixed everything.
    You mean after the extras update?
    02-23-2015 06:50 AM
    It wont matter if its after an update,or before....another update wont fix it...only hard resetting will
    02-23-2015 07:12 AM
    I can't do hard reset & I'll have to wait ages for a fix update.
    Use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool (found at the bottom of this page) if you can't do a hard reset. Just plug the phone into your computer, and click install.
    02-23-2015 09:26 AM
    I got many problems

1- First, overheating problems came back.

2- can't take screenshots, only one in the folder but when I try to take a second screenshot, a message says (couldn't take screenshot). I deleted all folders I can in my phone but didn't solve the problem.

3- can't download a video from OneDrive to the phone.

4- can't backup anymore.

5- sometimes my accent color changes to steel from whatever I put.

6- notifications delays sometimes.

These all I can remember for not. Is it only me or some of you have some of mentioned problems?

How to fix without Hard reset?

I did soft reset many times with no luck.

Any idea?
    Wow, so many issues! I can honestly say that the only thing that has any resonance with me is no.1. I don't have any general overheating problems, it usually takes a really intensive game or app but I've simply accepted that as a small price for all the power this phone has got under the hood.
    02-23-2015 09:37 AM
    You mean after the extras update?
    No, it was after a 1020 freeze, but the symptoms I had are similar. I wanted to testify that a hard reset can fix this kind of issues.
    ali80 likes this.
    02-24-2015 07:32 AM
    You may have to delete the previous backup in order to backup your phone. You can do it in apps+settings. go to Manage Backups and delete that backup. Once it deletes, then hit "back up now." Your phone should now be able to back up correctly.
    I had this issue prior to doing to the Denim update. Could not figure out the backup wouldn't work. Searched for awhile, and found a response like this somewhere here, which fixed it for me, allowed me to do the backup, then the update.

These are the types of answers that can make your day.
    L Beezy likes this.
    02-24-2015 07:59 AM
    I'll start a hard reset now and tell you if fixed but I'll not update extras for now.
    02-24-2015 12:08 PM
    Ok....hope it works...i had to do 2 hard resets back to back...to get mine running right,after it had the auto pop up Bing search problem
    02-24-2015 09:40 PM
    Ok I did the hard reset and problems solved but it brought a new problem.

I'll explain every step before and after the hard reset:

1- I made a backup which didn't pass the 98%. I thought it didn't backed up any thing.

2- A hard reset has been made without any problem.

3- signed in to restore from back up. I thought that the back up was a month older but it actually restored what wasn't a complete back up file. At the end of the restoration, a msg appeared to tell me that the operation is complete with some missing files but it's ok.

4- I let the phone downloads every app I used to have and went to sleep. Some apps couldn't be downloaded (PassBook & Just Shopping). The error code is 80004005.

5- I didn't update the extras+info or any MS setting apps nor Onedrive. Everything works fine even the back up.

What to do now? Do I have a corrupted back up and I need to hard reset again or there is something else i should do?

Already made soft reset without any luck & changed the phone languages many times.
    02-25-2015 03:40 AM
    Ok I knew what was the error code 80004005. It means a free app you had turned into paid which means you need to pay by entering the MS store from PC and buy it then you can download it again.
    02-25-2015 05:59 AM
    After updating to the latest version of OneDrive, now I have problem backing up again. Stuck at 98% and abort.

I don't know if one of the apps which was free turned into paid causes this problem but it's suspicious or maybe an error in some OneDrive servers and my account on one of them.
    02-25-2015 11:18 AM
    Well, there is an easy but really unpopular solution... Write down all the apps u use, delete all backups. Hard reset the phone. Start from scratch. I know, I would be really pissed by this, but I think u have a problem with ur backup, and it makes sense what u r saying, that one of those "free" apps made the whole mess. Damn apps!
    02-25-2015 04:10 PM
    I had this issue prior to doing to the Denim update. Could not figure out the backup wouldn't work. Searched for awhile, and found a response like this somewhere here, which fixed it for me, allowed me to do the backup, then the update.

These are the types of answers that can make your day.
    Glad I could help someone and even better to know that I made someone's day.
    02-25-2015 08:44 PM
    03-14-2015 11:14 AM
    Hi, thanks for the advice but can't find "manage back up" in settings
    03-14-2015 11:16 AM
    Hi, thanks for the advice but can't find "manage back up" in settings
    Here is the path:

Settings>>backup>>app+settings>>manage backups. It's pretty self-explanatory from there.
    03-16-2015 09:13 PM