Video won't play on my computer after downloading it

Ed te Pas

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have recorded a video using Lumia Camera in my Nokia 930. The result is that the video will playback on the phone but after downloading it on my window computer it won't. Tried it several times. Moreover the video is accompanied with a file with the extension .mp4.tnl. What is this?

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
.tnl is the extension for living images and not the video file. Sort the files by file size or file format and look for .mp4 which will be your video file

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Do you have Denim? I have an ICON and I've had problems since Denim on playback, mainly with Plex but it also won't upload to Facebook anymore...

Ed te Pas

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have Denim.For instance, a file by the name WP_20150424_17_21_Pro.mp4.tnl size 398kb and the same file WP_20150424_17_21_Pro.mp4 size 363.241kb which is of course the actual video file (about 2'47"). The latter won't play downloaded on my computer. Windows loads the file in the media player and says: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might nog support the codec that was used the compress the file".

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I have Denim.For instance, a file by the name WP_20150424_17_21_Pro.mp4.tnl size 398kb and the same file WP_20150424_17_21_Pro.mp4 size 363.241kb which is of course the actual video file (about 2'47"). The latter won't play downloaded on my computer. Windows loads the file in the media player and says: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might nog support the codec that was used the compress the file".

Both the files you have mentioned aren't video files. Look a the size, they aren't even a MB in size. Look for a bigger file size which should be few hundred MB considering you recorded in 1080p resolution

Malcome Larcens

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I experience the same problem with my 930 on Denim.
Most videos that I record I can't play on my computer, I get an error message that says it can't read that file. They're all MP4 files.
I can play the videos with VLC though but it's not useful when I want to edit them on Moviemaker.
As far as 4 K even with VLC they are choppy, not a smooth play.
I found that if I trim them with Lumia video trimmer the computer sees them.
I don't want to have trim each video to use them.
I kind of figured it might have something to do with the settings.
So if anybody has figured out how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

David Blackwood

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
If you switch your camera back to Microsoft camera rather than the Lumia camera.(you can do this in settings) it will work again it wont help the old vids but any new ones will work on computer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion