Ditching my 1520.3 for a 930! :)

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
How is the heating issue compared with the 2?

Well I really have never had a problem with my 1520 getting hot. Or warm. Like at all. If I was gaming, and had the graphics pumped up, while its charging then it might get ever so slightly warm by the camera.

The 930 is cold to the touch when I pick it up due to all the metal, in use, it will get slightly warm, no biggy at all though. As to be expected with battery use.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never heard of this? Elaborate? It's working great so far. The metal is cold to the touch when you pick up. I love it. So its not over working
i got my 930 2 weeks ago and it updated to denim immediately. i did a hard reset right after the denim update and have had no overheating at all. sounds like yours is ok without doing that. if you do end up having problems, the hard reset does the trick, though.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm interesting! I tested this out, and I'm having the same issue. So you just need to factory reset via the about menu, correct? You're not referring to using the Windows Phone recovery software on PC to flash it?

Same effect - your phone gets wiped and factory reset, and the slow rotate bug (and most other issues too) is fixed.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. However from my experience once you reset the phone you mist redownload all the updates again, so I'm skeptical

Hard resetting the phone from settings>about>reset, does not change the OS version or firmware version. You don't have to reload those updates. Or are you talking about regular app updates?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
How so? He's just installed Denim, so there won't be any change in software or firmware, phone gets wiped and he starts from a backup or starts fresh...

No its not the same thing.
Factoryreset is clearing al your settings etc etc
recovery is a complete whipe of your phone and install a new os ( in android terms, your flashing a new rom ).

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i really want the white gold limited edition but theres no 1700/2100 version... now im eyeing on a yellow 1520.3

As much as I wish best of luck to you, as I love the 1520... I would be very nervous, as the phantom tap on my 1520.3 was horrible. My new 930 is amazing. Wish it was a tad bigger though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo