Strange auto brightness issue

Square Spiral

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I go to settings/brightness I can set the mode switch for auto brightness to 'on'. If I then exit settings and return to the same settings page it has retuned to "off'. I never get auto brightness control working. Also my nav lights never illuminate and my proximity screen switch off during calls is not working.

These were all fine prior to having a cracked screen replaced. Buy the day I received the phone back from repair I got Denim pushed by my carrier so I'm not sure if it is a software bug or hardware fault.

I have tried a couple of hard resets and software refreshes.

Anyone else getting similar issues?
Lumia 939 on UK O2 with official Denim update.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware fault to me, if a hard reset didn't fix it then I'd return it to them to rectify their repair.
Is a RM-939 (Chinese Lumia 1520) or a Lumia 930 (RM-1045)?

Square Spiral

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry just realised I mistyped - should read 930. I think hardware too

I am loathed to return it to the repair shop as i was very unimpressed with them. The screen repair seemingly went ok until I found after getting it back that the microphone was no longer working. I returned to them and it took nearly 3 weeks to come back, with them clearly unsure why the new fault had occurred. They said mics were fine and that it was a software issue. Eventually came back working but I'm unclear if the faults ilisted above were there at that stage, and Denim came in as I restored the phone after getting it back.

The phone is only a few months old and I am ?140 down for the repair already. Don't really want it all taken apart again a these things really aren't designed to be striped and reassembled time after time.

Starting to notice that the new screen is feeling is little loose in the case too now

Love my 930 but this sucks :(

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have the L1520.3 and I'm having the same after Denim update. Before that was woking fine. I have not found information about that at any other place.

bugs1992

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I get this issue too with Lumia 930 after installing denim. Has anyone found a solution for this or a possible cause?
From past experience, if it was a hardware issue, the phone would hang slightly when enabling the setting, but this seems to enable it without doing anything. Seems like software to me.
You never know, this may be fixed in update 2.

Square Spiral

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Discovered by using the Nokia care suite that my issues were hardware related and probably caused during the awful repair I had done. Have since brought an 830 to replace my now crippled 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte