Build 8.10.14234.375 pushed to my 930

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my 930 (CV DK) received an OS update. Not sure what is new, has anyone else received this update too?

I did notice that the grey tiles in store (before icons are loaded) no longer change to dark grey before the icons appear. Hopefully this also further improves the "pinkish" in low brightness (although its mostly gone since last update) and the screen flicker for others (never had that).

Note: After installing the update I had screen flicker when looking through my pictures. It usually goes away after a while/few reboots.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my 930 (CV DK) received an OS update. Not sure what is new, has anyone else received this update too?

I did notice that the grey tiles in store (before icons are loaded) no longer change to dark grey before the icons appear. Hopefully this also further improves the "pinkish" in low brightness (although its mostly gone since last update) and the screen flicker for others (never had that).

Note: After installing the update I had screen flicker when looking through my pictures. It usually goes away after a while/few reboots.

I received the same update prompt one minute ago.

Did you notice anything different/improved?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Talked about in the Denim thread up above. Seems that all that has been sleuthed out so far is a partition stitching patch that could make your phone ready for W10TP.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, as in the Info of the phone I see 8.10.14219.341 which is a bit strange...

Don't notice any differences, also the initial flickering I had is now gone. Battery seems to hold up very nice too.

@preparation for Win10: Not so sure, I can imagine they will give the high end devices the next build and that probably won't be out till end of March. The first build was not great, many phrases still in English on a German OS.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
just got the update as well.... i really wish its the things that sets my 930 for w10 ::fingurescrossed::

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, as in the Info of the phone I see 8.10.14219.341 which is a bit strange...

Don't notice any differences, also the initial flickering I had is now gone. Battery seems to hold up very nice too.

@preparation for Win10: Not so sure, I can imagine they will give the high end devices the next build and that probably won't be out till end of March. The first build was not great, many phrases still in English on a German OS.

Dicks-webos, if you still see that version 8.10.14219.341 is displayed after the update open Preview for developers, uncheck the tick and check again for updates. You' ll be prompted with the same update as before but this time, after it installs, it shows the newer 14234 OS version.

I'm still trying if there's anything new in this update.

Karan-Kapoor

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
The mobile data toggle is now directly under 'Settings > mobile + SIM' for me. Not sure if it was due to the OS update though.

Can anyone confirm?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received an update and the method suggested by Suedezu, unchecking PfD before checking again did nothing for me. I believe my 930 was Mexican or Columbian.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I noticed was a few camera app updates. Not sure if they were tied to the OS update, but right after the update completed, several of the Lumia camera apps notified me that they had updated. I think Lumia Camera, Moments and Creative Studio might have been the ones, but I don't remember.

KillerFry

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got and installed this update. So far I notice the animations speedier; this gives a perception that it now loads and transitions between screens faster, but I'm pretty sure they just changed the animation speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3