Wanna jump back to WP. Should I go with 830 or 930?

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Thx for your opinions, guys. As you can see, I like more things on L830 than on L930, except the camera and HW. Keep in mind, that this phone should be just temporary solution for my need of quality device until something better appears.

Personally, I never considered Lumia 930 as a true flagship phone, as it lacks microSD slot and the best feature of WP devices - Glance Screen. The only thing, which is holding me from running to the store for L830 is worse CPU.

I am really interested in mobile photography, but not sure if is better to have 4K video and better CPU or microSD & Glance. Really hard dilemma, Microsoft :(
I really don't understand why people like that "glance" so much. You can push your finger on power button and bingo ! Glance = L930 + Pushing a finger on power button.

And never withdraw for not having a micro SD. You can sync everything with a laptop or OneDrive and it's don't ! you will have more storage available.

Personally I won't go for a quad-core 1.4 anymore because next generation CPU's are 64bit octa cores. You shouldn't go for less than snapdragon 800 because from now on, apps will go to use more resources than before and 4x1.4Ghz won't last as a useful stuff anymore ( personal opinion )

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I really don't understand why people like that "glance" so much. You can push your finger on power button and bingo ! Glance = L930 + Pushing a finger on power button.

And never withdraw for not having a micro SD. You can sync everything with a laptop or OneDrive and it's don't ! you will have more storage available.

Personally I won't go for a quad-core 1.4 anymore because next generation CPU's are 64bit octa cores. You shouldn't go for less than snapdragon 800 because from now on, apps will go to use more resources than before and 4x1.4Ghz won't last as a useful stuff anymore ( personal opinion )

1) When you're working and your hands are dirty, all you have to do is wave your hand over your phone and boom! Without having to dirty your baby.
2) A wireless charging stand turns your phone into a beautiful night table clock!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Glance is nice, but I wouldn't sacrifice everything else for it. The 930 is better, more powerful and more future proof.

Edit: wouldnt*

Last edited:

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a chance to change my L930 for L830. My L930 is a 3 months old and L830 is new. I will receive about 30? for this change.
Give me advice?
I'M wondering if L930 will have longer support period because of better specs?

No, Lumia 830 will have longer support period because of releasing date.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No, Lumia 830 will have longer support period because of releasing date.

That's not necessarily true. I think it masters how popular a phone is that determines it support period. How att barely supported the Lumia 925 and Samsung windows phone but they did support the Lumia 920, 1020, and 1520 for long times.

Same with tmobile where they killed the Lumia 810 but kept supporting the Lumia 925.

Verizon killed the icon but supported the Samsung ativ se and Lumia 928.

OndrejBakan

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So, finally I have my Lumia 830.

I was pretty happy until... until cca 15 minutes ago, when I noticed that my search button is not as responsive as it should be and it works like 6/10. So I searched a bit and I see some people had problems even with more important buttons, so I will not replace my device, I guess.

I have screen protector, but even when I peel it off, it behaves the same. I don't use search button, Cortana isn't in Czech and Bing is not very useful in Czech republic, so I will be fine with it.

OndrejBakan

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So it's my 2nd day with L830. I think the camera is a little bit better in day light, but much worse in low light conditions than my previous L920. Stabilization is probably better too, especially while taking a video, it's not as "skewed" as it was on my L920, but still not perfect.

I will send it to repair, because of that bad key. I have a choice of getting new one, money back, or repair. I am not sure which option I should pick, but I think I can be happy that I have no other (more serious issues), so replacement would be risky and money back would solve nothing, as I can get bad device anywhere else.

btw - I have CV IT, but flashed it with EURO 7F CV, which is for my country.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
how are you enjoying your 830? i'm trying to get back into windows phone again as well, and was also looking at both the 830 and 930.

I have an 830. It is a fine device, not a flagship but a really good midranger. In dark conditions, I find the camera to work better if you turn off the flash.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
So I was (well, I still am) in the same spot as you. Also trying to choose new phone and ended up deciding between Lumia 830 and Lumia 930. But after reading through this topic and several others I came to conclusion that it could be better to wait for Microsoft to announce new devices with WP10. And until then, settle for older or low-end phone.

L830 wold be obvious choice in this scenario but after some digging I think it might be better to buy L925. At least for me. It's still looking really good, it's half the price of L830 and most importantly... it's beautifully small device!!! And at the end of the year, even if Microsoft won't announce anything that would caught my eye, I can still buy L830/930 and quite possibly for better price than now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte