I record video in 1080p with 5.1 audio enabled. Problem is that am not able to play this video in all players or in smart TVs. Am trying to convert but the converter (Xilisoft) is not accepting the file to convert it. File is absolutely fine and can be played both in mobile as well as in PC via VLC. Any tried and tested converter to do the job? Appreciate any help :-)
    03-09-2015 03:47 PM
    I've not tried this yet, but I believe the 5.1 audio is encoded as Dolby digital plus. You will need a converter that can convert to whatever your system can use, probably Dolby digital (or prologic 2 if you have limited equipment).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-09-2015 09:18 PM
    I've not tried this yet, but I believe the 5.1 audio is encoded as Dolby digital plus. You will need a converter that can convert to whatever your system can use, probably Dolby digital (or prologic 2 if you have limited equipment).
    I do understand that, but here my problem is am not able to convert these files to any known resolution/format. So it is something to do with the source than the resolution.
    03-10-2015 05:12 AM
    if you have a smart tv why not just install media browser on your phone and pc you can stream whatever is on your phone or your pc to your tv,the phone part has an option to stream directly to your tv so no need to convert video
    Thanks for the reply. yes i do stream them, but i dont want to start my PC or use my phone to stream everytime what i recorded which i want to show to my friends and family. That is why try to convert and keep it in a HDD connected to TV
    03-10-2015 05:13 AM
    I do understand that, but here my problem is am not able to convert these files to any known resolution/format. So it is something to do with the source than the resolution.
    I mention this because few converters (at least, free ones) will have DD+ capability. DD+ is different from DD.

Have you tried playing the files through a BluRay player? I find they're often more compatible with a variety of codecs than TVs and other devices. Even the cheapest Philips hasn't let me down yet (not tried these files with it though).
    03-10-2015 07:51 AM
    Post a media info of your recorded file and a media info of any sample file that plays in your tv, then it's possible to understand what is causing the issue.

MediaInfo | SourceForge.net

If it's AC3 audio making the issue, there are free softwares that can convert them to AAC.
    03-10-2015 07:57 AM
    I've attached the original file media info which is from my mobile recording
    Attached Files
    03-10-2015 03:37 PM
    1. HandBrake:

It is free and can convert video to MP4/MKV for TV. Its drawback is it is a little complicate to handle.

2. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:

It is professional yet easy-to-use. However, it has limitation before you purchase a license code.
    05-12-2015 07:33 AM
    Hey man, try this one.

http://www.converterlite.com/flv-to-dvd/

I've used it quite a bit to convert flv to dvd format. It's free, uncomplicated, easy to use. You have options for most everything. Try it out and let me know if it works for you.
    gordonfink likes this.
    07-16-2015 09:56 PM