Any Aussies - unlocked 930?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, just saw the Philippines 930 release and a link to an Aussie article that the 930 has been available in Australia for some time - and - with Denim.
Anyone have information on this?
Unlocked?
Prices?
Reliable vendor(s)?

I have checked a couple of 930 vendors in the UK, but creditable online reviews rated them both poorly, so looking to the land down under. I have been underwhelmed by the local US offerings. Impossible to get warranty details, reliable delivery times etc.

Thanks

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
bought mine from hardly normal during the January sales - bought a heap of other stuff (tablet etc) at same time and got a good deal.
think it was around $570 list price at the time. unlocked. denim update came through recently - a few weeks ago?
Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone - Black - Outright Mobile Phones | Harvey Norman Australia $620
have seen them on gumtree too under $500 - might not be 'local' tho, and wouldn't trust the warranty.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, thanks. Wow, exchange rate is not friendly, $465 before adding shipping.

Looks like I may have to buy a used 925. I want the 930 for the camera as my clunky old 520 is doing everything else I need. But the 925 is never going to get Denim so the camera is always going to be sloooow.

Thanks for taking the time though.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
OK, thanks. Wow, exchange rate is not friendly, $465 before adding shipping. ...

so I guess you talking USD465?
lol
what would you have said when the Oz was getting USD$1.06 not that long ago (very friendly for me so I loaded up on my o/s purchases).
Now USD$0.76
imho you won't have to wait too long to see sub 0.60s, but that is another topic.
btw, I doubt the store stock would have denim preloaded yet.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but have been reading some horror stories about trying to get service on these off-shore purchases. Not sure I want to to go there given my luck with electronics stuff. :)

The 830 is a local buy, but at $450 not a friendly price but at least being listed on the msoft store so that means local warranty.

Not sure what the Denim status would be on that though. An Aussie-930 may not come with Denim, but it should update OK. My 520 was from Canada and it updated to Cyan (from Black) long before any of the US 520s got it. I assume the same would follow for an Aussie-930. But all moot as I think I should go for the 830.

It just got critical. After a weird overheating issue, the 520 will no longer connect to wifi. Looks like the option of buying a 930/830 has come to a close. The 520 still works as a phone though. maybe I should just go back to a feature phone. LOL

This really sucks that msoft will not release phones until after a local carrier picks them up. STUPID STUPID approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss