Country Variant of 930 from Expansys USA or B&H Photo?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you gotten a Lumia 930 from Expansys USA or B&H Photo in NYC? Could you tell me which country variant they gave you?

Also, any idea if you can get Microsoft Complete if you bring it to a Microsoft Store?

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm out in Cali and got my 930 from Expansys. They gave me CV GBIE variant. Not sure about MSFT Complete, would like to know also.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the orange one from expansys... NL version... I guess they source it internationally, so can be any of a number of country variants... I am not sure if you can specify a particular country variant if you want anything specific....

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if you can specify a particular country variant if you want anything specific....

Yeah, that's probably not an option. Just curious if it was consistent/predictable. Given the way OS rollouts happen, there might be a benefit to one variant versus another.

It's $369 right now for the white, which may be too good of a deal to pass up. Not sure I can wait until the new flagship release.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
"Just" got my Orange 930 from Expansys...Ordered from Expansys Canada but it shipped from Indiana in the U.S.
It seems to be a Malaysian variant (000-MY), but it updated all the way to Denim. ( OS Ver : 8.10.14226.3590 )

Like you say...Very Good price for a very good handset. I think I paid about $455 Canadian...which is probably about $375 U.S. ..and It will at least keep me happy for a year and by then the future, or perhaps lack of, of Windows Phone will be a little clearer.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It came today- Hong Kong variant. Restored from a backup, completed the download process, restarted and it looks like I've got Denim.

Last edited:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget...we now have update 2 available for our 930's

I know! :) Between all the setup and downloading and restarting this afternoon, then waking the dog and making dinner, now Update 2, I haven't even had a chance to use the new phone. But it's bedtime, will have to wait until tomorrow to play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb