update installing

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My phone installed the fast ring 💍 configuration update and nothing happened next... Still waiting for the update..., will it come eventually??? When I open the windows insider app it gives me the option fast/slow ring again and restarts after choosing one of them. ⁉

Need to go to phone update in settings now.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone installed the fast ring �� configuration update and nothing happened next... Still waiting for the update..., will it come eventually??? When I open the windows insider app it gives me the option fast/slow ring again and restarts after choosing one of them. ⁉

I think it's one of two things from what I've read. One it could be a regional thing or MSFT closed off the update to 930's after identifying it was giving it out.

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's via the insider app. Tap on that message to get into the fast ring then when it says you're in, go to phone update in settings and it should find an update. Don't worry it won't be Windows 10.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there an ETA for it being a regular update or will it be done as insider only until included as standard in W10? I ask because it doesn't seem essential so may hold off.

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
@raydwatts According to many websites (Windows Central included), the 8.1 Update 2 will be coming officially to newer Lumia's only (namely the 640 and 640 XL). If you want it, jump in now.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So outside of the changes in the layout in Settings and having the ability to pin them was there anything else?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So outside of the changes in the layout in Settings and having the ability to pin them was there anything else?
Nothing else that I noticed. Someone said it gives the ability to pair a Bluetooth keyboard, but I know nothing about that. Still...nice to get a little something while we wait for a (more stable) Windows 10 TP for the 930.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Nothing else that I noticed. Someone said it gives the ability to pair a Bluetooth keyboard, but I know nothing about that. Still...nice to get a little something while we wait for a (more stable) Windows 10 TP for the 930.

Indeed, that's exactly what I'm thinking, we'll (us 930 users) get a more stable build whilst sampling a bit of GDR2! can't argue with that!!

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks@dcuk7. I have installed it as it wont hurt in the meantime. And I can confirm that it does under have the ability to connect to a Bluetooth keyboard as I'm writing this using my wedge keyboard.

DeeJayU

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all..I'm having two issues, one of them being already reported by another user in the original WPC article.
After a few minutes the notifications are gone and the phone will not ring. Also, I'm unable to play any ringtone in sound and notification setting.
Restart will fix the issue for a few minutes.
I'm able to copy mp3 files to the phone, but when I try to copy a file from the phone I receive an error with the file not being available anymore.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ive updated to update 2 on my 930, does anyone know where the search function is? i am sure i read about it yesterday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs