Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 issue

Heartkingz

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Dear users,

I have a issue regarding installing Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2.

I saw the news on Windows Central yesterday, so I installed the Windows Insider app.
After setting It up (yes, I'm already a Windows Insider user) my phone restarts.
After that I was able to see the update available and started the download.
When the download was finished the devices rebooted and "installed" the update.
After the update was finished installing and the devices was booted up, I saw no changes, the build number is still the same as before the update..

Right now I cannot find any updates anymore. The device says it is up to date..I feel I am not able to install this update.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!

Tamas Berecz

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same situation.I read that with update 2 (gdr2) the settings menu has the same organization as like in windows phone 10.I have mine up to date,and it says it's 8.1 update (not update 2,or anything).

Heartkingz

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Read the front page of Windowscentral.com

You see that Windows 8.1 update 2 is available for the 930 trough Windows Insider App.
The update did show up after configuring the app. It installs also, but after a reboot, nothing has changed.
Phone is up to date ever since.

sritejeranti95

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Check your branch number. Insider app --> about. If it is R1 you won't get the update, if its R2 you will get your update for sure. Check it up and lemme know. ! ;)
Even I dint get an update. L930.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That the 930 could get update 2 was a "bug" and Microsoft plugged this "bug" several hours after the release of W10 TP. So you can not get Update 2 anymore.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I installed it before 2 days, practically same day when win10 came out. In settings abbout it shows me win 8.1 update 2

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
c2feaeab36cad8cd8cbcbba31e92dafa.png
Here are the screenshoots
ee964a0605c00eeaec04ffac0cdd230c.png

Pranjal Patowary

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I have installed this update on my Lumia 930. The update has a bug. After some time, the notifications and ringer don't produce any sounds even though they are in maximum volumes. I have to restart the phone to get them to work correctly. Can anyone help on how to fix this bug or how to restore to windows phone 8.1 update 1 since resetting the phone doesn't get rid of this update 2.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
See below article how to roll back. It's about W10 but the use of the Windows Software Recovery Tool is the main point and with this you can also get rid of update 2.

josti1975

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Reinstalling whatsapp might help. I had the same issue on the not-updated version of windows phone on the 930.
Sounds strange but in my case it helped and never came back.

josti1975

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Reinstalling whatsapp might help. I had the same issue on the not-updated version of windows phone on the 930.
Sounds strange but in my case it helped and never came back

Sebastien Masselier

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
since i install update 2 on my 930 i can't upload photos on fb beta....i try on fb , and internet explorer too ...same problem..... any tips????? other user have the same problem???

Pranjal Patowary

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
The problem has automatically disappeared after resetting the phone. However I have also downloaded the Windows Phone Recovery Tool from Microsoft website in case I need to revert back to Windows Phone Update 1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3