How good is battery life on the 930 with real life usage?

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Just fyi..."hey Cortana" is wonderful and worth every ounce of battery use. That's great that you're enjoying your 930. I am pretty new to the 930(about 6weeks) and have had a very good experience.

I agree that speech recognition works far, far better than on my former Note but I still feel a bit silly talking to my phone... Beam me up Scotty :sweaty:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Z3 is crap. Only the best of best Androids are any good, others are crap within 2 months of usage. Everything becomes laggy and so on... That being said, my L930 has an average battery life (based on the app) 1 day 4h 35m (currently), and everything works like a charm. I have it from septmeber i think, and it didn't freeze even once. Never needed to shut it down because of that.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Daaaaamn dudes, this is like the hardest decision ever!, a have like $800 dollars I can spend on a phone and I can't decide one... #1stworldProblems lol

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Late to the thread but to share my experiences with my 930, it is overwhelmingly positive.

My phone has been off the charger since 7:05am this morning. I used it for several jobs at work with taking photos of vehicles and building site inspections for signage. I use Cortana on a regular basis to check news and information I like. I have had multiple verbal texts received and sent through Cortana, read through MSN New app a couple of times, shared two news reports on Facebook.....

.... Plus my Birthday and stuff from back home in Canada were coming through constantly today through the Facebook App and Messenger app.

Played a few games through my SNES emulator and Airport City with my son.

Posted several times through these forums and the WMPU forums.... Checked some YouTube Videos and more.

Very regular usage for me on a daily basis.

It is now 10:30pm and my battery is currently at 45%.

Other days I use PC Remote for playing videos through my notebook linked to my living room TV... Or I connect to my PC upstairs through MS's Remote Desktop app to copy files to downstairs or to check on Steam Downloads.

Since the Denim update the battery has been quite good and it was pretty good on Cyan.

The battery is lasting far longer than my 925's.

Despite not having Glance, the 20MP camera, surround sound 4K video recording, 32GB storage, 2GB or RAM, Hey Cortana, etc etc.... And the Wireless Charging if you want that, all far outweigh any minor disadvantages.

If people are having battery issues, turn off some background apps you don't need running like Game notifications, synchronization with OneDrive, etc.

Of course if you play graphically intensive games for a long time, the battery will die quickly, but that's the same with any phone.

The ones that have a longer battery life than the 930 tend to have less guts which cause lag or slow loading times and the battery lasting difference is probably like 30mins to and hour tops.

The 930 is a great phone to choose from in the Lumia line. Good size, good performance, adequate battery, lots of features.... The closest thing is the 1520, but is far more expensive, a bit older and some are put off on the size.

The 1020 has the superior camera out of all the Lumias but is even more dated and it's hardware specs are starting to show its age.

I first owned a Lumia 800, then moved to the 925. While I was impressed with the 925 (Takes the best low light shots I have ever seen) the 930 is just a massive improvement over the 925 in almost ever way except the low light shots. The 930 takes decent night shots but has some grain issues while most of the 925 shots I took were almost perfect.

But I have not regretted getting my 930 ever.

I have used extensively the Lumia 800, Lumia 925, Lumia 625, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1020 and the Lumia 630.... Out of all of these, the 930 is my favorite.

You will have to charge it when you head to bed and every couple of days you may have to charge it earlier in the day if you did more than average that day, but it does charge fast and hasn't put me in a bad spot yet.

For the record, Hey Cortana, Location and WiFi are always on.
vgR7D3X.png

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Daaaaamn dudes, this is like the hardest decision ever!, a have like $800 dollars I can spend on a phone and I can't decide one... #1stworldProblems lol
I can appreciate that you want real world experiences from folks using the phones you are considering for purchase. However, IMO, basing your decision completely on what you read in these posts would be a mistake. Just a suggestion....be very clear with yourself as to what you expect from a phone. Everyone has different priorities-screen or battery or speed or camera, etc. Then research the hell out of it. I really like my 930 but that's just me.
Also, for older phones, look at Pocketnow "After the buzz" videos. They look at phones some months after initial hype is over. They did a great one on the 930.

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I just bought this phone last week, replacing my Xperia Z, and it lasts about a day on my use (which is instagram, whatsapp and a little music and web).

rafaelo09

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
If it is able to last at least one day of moderate use is enough for me I had the lumia 1020 and it was almost impossible to last after 5:00 pm after very light use

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Z3 is crap. Only the best of best Androids are any good, others are crap within 2 months of usage. Everything becomes laggy and so on... That being said, my L930 has an average battery life (based on the app) 1 day 4h 35m (currently), and everything works like a charm. I have it from septmeber i think, and it didn't freeze even once. Never needed to shut it down because of that.

I have owned a L710, Ativ S and a L830 and everyone one has frozen and crashed. It is a myth that WP never crashes and is wonderfully stable. I have a L930 coming next week and I expect that to be the same.
You obviously haven't used the Z3. It is a solid phone that is super smooth with great battery life. The camera IS disappointing but only because it promises so much. It certainly isn't bad. Of course the L930 camera pisses on it but that goes for just about every other phone on the market.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well yeah, lower lumia phones don't work that good, but compared to the same price range of android, it's still much better, has fewer problems with response and so on... Better optimisation i think. Well in my opinion, you'll be quite happy with L930, as long as you're not a true die-hearth android fanatic...

anon(8977867)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I've found if you have a wireless charging plate at work that you can place the 930 on (I've got the one that sits the phone upright so I see incoming calls etc) then I never have issues with battery life. My wife had a Samsung galaxy s5 & the battery life was appalling compared to my 930 and her now current Lumia 830.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've found if you have a wireless charging plate at work that you can place the 930 on (I've got the one that sits the phone upright so I see incoming calls etc) then I never have issues with battery life.

That will work yeah, but i'm not sure if it's good for your battery to constantly charge it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium